Hey General

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8HourPilot said:
Honestly, I want to hear your opinion of what is upcoming.

Well, I think we are serious about a strike if the contract is thrown out. We just got checklists for how to abandon an aircraft if a strike is called while we are at the gate before pushback. I would say they are serious. And, we won't sign off on a TA that suks. I think this will get nasty, and it will be interesting to see if DL management continues to not negotiate. Our ex-judge---Judge Prudy--said the Federal Courts would NOT enjoin a strike, and then asked our CFO "what does the RLA (Railway Labor Act) have to do with any of this?" He was speechless.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General

Question about those checklists..

Are there instructions on how to avoid getting killed by either rampers/gate agents/passengers when trying to escape the terminal with your life if you abandon your aircraft?

Just a thought....:)

General Lee said:
I like your avatar. Anyway, no more lump sum retirements are offered. And, we won't sign off on a TA that doesn't stop the pay cuts, that doesn't give eventual stap backs, that doesn't leave our scope ALONE, and one that doesn't give more credit for the pension loss. Sorry. No humble pie gonna be eaten here. DCI will close if we do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Time to call up all of my investor buddies - The number of Peachtree City mini-mansions going on the foreclosure auction block will be astounding!!!

Hey Delta Guys-

I know what you're going through isn't in the least bit enjoyable- niether is reading all this stuff either. Whatever happens, my hat's off to you. Anyone who has gone through something remotely like this understands.

Best of luck in whatever you do.

Mercyful Fate said:
General

Question about those checklists..

Are there instructions on how to avoid getting killed by either rampers/gate agents/passengers when trying to escape the terminal with your life if you abandon your aircraft?

Just a thought....:)

YES, there actually are instructions about that. It was a sobering, yet entertaining read. Thank gawd I lift weights.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Buckaroo said:
Time to call up all of my investor buddies - The number of Peachtree City mini-mansions going on the foreclosure auction block will be astounding!!!

You are right. The whole metropolitan area of ATL will tank. You can bet Sonny Perdue (the Governor) and the Mayor of ATL don't want that to happen. I bet they are calling Grinstein hourly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sitting here watching the news at those ILLEGAL protesters in ATL. Some news babe just said that if Delta strikes, Cheech and Chong are redy to step in and...... Wait a minute. I think my antihistamine is playing tricks on me.

Nevermind

General Lee said:
You are right. The whole metropolitan area of ATL will tank. You can bet Sonny Perdue (the Governor) and the Mayor of ATL don't want that to happen. I bet they are calling Grinstein hourly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ya think they might be calling Woerth and Moak as well?

I am amazed that other employees would think they have the pilots to blame.

Delta Management is toying with the lives and careers of the employees of Delta. Delta Pilots have already given major concessions. The act of completely disregarding the pilot contract is completely irresponsible and irrational.
If Delta employees don't want the company shut down, they should ask management to continue to negotiate concessions to survive rather than declaring martial law and demanding ridiculous labor conditions. Simply put, Delta Air Lines will continue to fly if management will think rationally. The strike will happen ONLY if management allows it to, just as it has happened at every other failed airline.

General Lee said:
YES, there actually are instructions about that. It was a sobering, yet entertaining read. Thank gawd I lift weights.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If you idiots really need a "checklist" then you are over paid.

"I lift weights"

When you go back and read this crap that you write, are you embaressed?

If not, then I guess that's what the checklist is for........

Latest resources

Back