• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey General

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i'll answer for the General. Delta will force the strike . 40% will cross the first day. by day 7, 60% will have have crossed. With that number of scabs, they will fly 80% of the schedule and tha strike will be broken. The scabs are lining up. I even read on the Dalpa Forum one pilot complaining about having to clean out his locker.
The real question is "will the General cross?"

No way. We talked about this yesterday on a trip (non-Delta). Our forecast was for 10% on the first day, and no more than another 10% later. 20% scabs, and the schedule is hopelessly destroyed. Pilots win!

Gorilla said:
No way. We talked about this yesterday on a trip (non-Delta). Our forecast was for 10% on the first day, and no more than another 10% later. 20% scabs, and the schedule is hopelessly destroyed. Pilots win!
Those 20% will sure have a fun career when this all plays out.

8HourPilot said:
Honestly, I want to hear your opinion of what is upcoming.
Don't crane your neck, just get a video camera and a tripod.

Gorilla said:

Keep this in mind. The most militant right now are the FOs. Lets say you did have 10 or ever 20% cross. Of that, I bet you get less than 1% of the FOs to cross. You can't fly a plane with just a captain and it would take time to train some of the captains to fly FO. Delta does not have that time. Any strike at all will mean the end of Delta. There is not enough money to ride out even a one week strike.

The Big Train Wreck

This is sort of like looking a a slow motion train wreck. You know it's going to be awful, but you just can't help yourself from looking. No winners here thats for sure.

Good Luck!

michael707767 said:
Keep this in mind. The most militant right now are the FOs. Lets say you did have 10 or ever 20% cross. Of that, I bet you get less than 1% of the FOs to cross. You can't fly a plane with just a captain and it would take time to train some of the captains to fly FO. Delta does not have that time. Any strike at all will mean the end of Delta. There is not enough money to ride out even a one week strike.

Isn't the Ca not flying as F/o's a contractual thing? If they get to a strike I would assume that the contract would be thrown out and that Ca can fly as F/o's............

Hutchman said:
Isn't the Ca not flying as F/o's a contractual thing? If they get to a strike I would assume that the contract would be thrown out and that Ca can fly as F/o's............

Unless the Captain is current or near current in the right seat, he would need a right seat check out. I'm pretty sure it's not a contractual thing. Of course, during a strike, things could conveniently change.

SB

Latest resources

Back