Hey General

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CFIT said:
Why don't you post it on a sign outside the gates after all the other employees are clearing their lockers. Tell them it was in your best interest to kill the company. Tell them that their lives, careers, and families don't matter.

Revenge can be really nasty.

Again, I had rather discuss it with you. What time is your curfew? I think the employees had rather go after the current and past management teams that caused Delta to fail. I have many FA friends and f*** buddies and they are on our side.

800Dog said:
Again, I had rather discuss it with you. What time is your curfew? I think the employees had rather go after the current and past management teams that caused Delta to fail. I have many FA friends and f*** buddies and they are on our side.

No one is going to dispute that your management is inept. But if the arbitrators rule against you then that just shows that they agree with your management. Maybe the industry has changed and your group is over priced. Your company is in peril and your group is going to drive a stake in it's heart, I just hope your well established other career is in another country.

Is Gen one of your "f*** buddies"?

I wonder if the pilots held the line and Delta had to hike fares to cover costs, would the other airlines follow the rate hike? Seems like over the past few weeks, raising prices is where it's at.

blzr said:
Anybody out there see a defined date the strike would start? The judge rules on the 14th(?) I believe.

I know they are not bluffing and I ain't nearly as smart as them MBA's in management.

2to1 management backs down on this one.

Panel makes their decision on the 15th and the strike can be called anytime after the 17th.

CFIT said:
No one is going to dispute that your management is inept. But if the arbitrators rule against you then that just shows that they agree with your management. Maybe the industry has changed and your group is over priced. Your company is in peril and your group is going to drive a stake in it's heart, I just hope your well established other career is in another country.

Is Gen one of your "f*** buddies"?

Seems you are the only one that doesn't get the fact that the money managment is asking for in cuts is not going to fix the airline. If they can't make it work without what amounts to 8 days of daily operating costs then DAL is going to fail regardlesss.

IMO, if DAL managment voids the contract, then they knew the airline was doomed to fail regardless. Then they convieniently have their scapegoats to put the blame on rather than the past and present inept managment for the demise of DAL.

warbirdfinder said:
GCAP wrote:
i'll answer for the General. Delta will force the strike . 40% will cross the first day. by day 7, 60% will have have crossed. With that number of scabs, they will fly 80% of the schedule and tha strike will be broken. The scabs are lining up. I even read on the Dalpa Forum one pilot complaining about having to clean out his locker.
The real question is "will the General cross?"

You obviously have no sense of history or the consequences of a strike. Your figures sound as if they are quoted by Delta senior management after taking bad drugs. Scabs can line up all day long, but it would take another 6 weeks even to check them out. At maximum, the training department could crank out would be maybe 200. It takes nearly 6000 pilots to man the airline. Net result=DAL goes under. 40% cross, a mix of F/O's and Captains. Big deal! Christ, it takes a minumum of 10 B-777 augmented crews (40 pilots) just to fly ATL/NRT/ATL. Net result=DAL goes under. If you are going to give an opinion, make it somewhat believeable.

Hey, warbirdfinder, just a thought here. Do you think Delta management might have something lined up similar to what Northwest did in discretely training would-be-scabs somewhere at an undisclosed location? I realize it would be next to impossible to get the hundreds of hours of simulator time anywhere & not have it leaked out somewhere along the way, ya know? But still, conceptually, it is possible. Curious.

Last edited:
I would think that by the time they had scabs all trained up the situation would be over at that point...just my .02

I doubt it, by simple logic. If they did, there's no way some pilot somewhere wouldn't know something about it. Pilots are different then mechanics. They have to be company trained, or trained by an approved contractor for the company and by the FAA. They have to be trained a certain amount of hours, on certain procedures, and certain things have to be done. An airline training syllabus has to be followed exactly. You can't just hire a guy off the street and throw him into a 777, even if they're typed, current, etc. because they haven't been to COMPANY training and aren't COMPANY current on DELTA procedures. Min of 2 weeks or so for that on an accelarated training program. The first couple hundred guys couldn't even get on line for a while, and by then the airline would be dead meat. The only way they could pull it off would be to have about 4000 pilots at a secret company 'strike bunker' somewhere already trained and approved by company and FAA certified instructors on company procedures. Doable? Sure. In secret? Hell no.

ACAFool said:
Whew, I am glad that is over.
But on a serious note, I love it when people end their sentence with period!. Like they actually know something that others don't and that should be the end of the conversation. The arrogance of some people always cracks me up.

Looks like the grammar/spelling police are alive and well. Since you only have 3500hrs you probably don't even remember Eastern Airlines. You see tough guy Eastern went on strike and the airline crumbled quickly. The guys in the left seat at Delta probably have vivid memories of EAL birds parked all over the ATL airport. They ain't going on strike, period!

Whatever happens, I wish everyone at Delta the best of luck....except for the dumbasses in ATL who caused the airline to get to this point. As far as the people go who think that the pilots are being selfish and not thinking about the thousands of other employees....hate to tell you, but I believe that the pilot group is the only unionized group at Delta. That's why everyone else has had to take it in the rear. They had nothing to fight with, including the flight attendants who are probably kicking themselves for not voting that union in a few years ago. Otherwise they would probably be doing some info. picketing with the Comair flight attendants. I would hate to see anything happen to Delta, but at some point, someone has to take a stand against management. Honestly, I never would have believed it would be the Delta pilots that did it. For what it's worth, I support them 100%. It will be an interesting couple of weeks, that's for sure. Again, good luck to all of you over at Delta.

Latest resources

Back