Hey Colgan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fellow Colgan Pilots,

Come join us for a FREE bite to eat tomorrow, Thursday March 22nd, from 9:00 AM - 8:30 PM, at Potbelly Sandwich Works, IAD Concourse B (by gate B48). Members of the Colgan Pilots ALPA organizing committee and ALPA representatives will be on hand to nswer your questions and address your concerns.

All Colgan Pilots are welcome, whether you are commuting in to work, deadheading, or you just want to grab a bite to eat during a little down time between flights!

Let’s Make It Better!

The Colgan Pilots ALPA Organizing Committee

PS - Check your email and www.alpa.org/colgan for other ‘Join us for a bite to eat’ locations, dates, and times!

It's the Godfather's Birthday!!!!

Who's card? Is it someones birthday? hahahahah

funny you should mention birthday on the same day that the OC will have free and REAL grub for everyone at IAD. Potbelly's for all and drink one in the Godfather's honor.

Now do what Sen Colgan does on his birthday and send a 50 spot as tribute to your Dom....lol! just kidding

or better yet in honor of my birthday....sign your A card and send it in now!

Who knows, I may just show up at Potbelly's too...

lovin life and in exile in Sicily

PS...for those of you wondering how I've been....I'm doin great and in good spirits...I haven't lost my mind or been thrown into the padded cell by the white coated orderlies as rumored. Can't say nothin here about what's goin on...

Thanks again for all your support and calls....Hope to be back flying soon

What are ya waitin for...go do the cards and get 'em in the mail!

Last edited:
1. They don't have any idea what is going on with their pilots
2. They think we are stupid and that we have no idea what goes on in the
industry outside of Colgan

Yes on both parts. Not only do they not know what is going on with their pilots, the same goes for what their mechanics and their stations face.

The Colgan family style of mgmt is lies and intimidation. They have lost a large part of the latter over the years because of FAA oversight and growth. The Feds kept catching them redhanded and the company simply hired too many pilots too fast to keep the thumbscrews on all of them. I endured many years at Colgan. The greatest skills I learned from my captains were how to dodge the company bullets and keep the target off my head. I survived my keepin my mouth shut and working their system against them. They were and still are a very unorganized lot.

To the current Colgan pilots, it has been said that ALPA is not the solution.
I believe that to be true. But I strongly believe it is the lesser of two evils. A new era has begun at Colgan, and you will need a union and representation to do anything more than survive this. NO PILOT at Colgan EVER negotiated anything with the family. We always took what scraps they gave us, shut up when we got nothing, and found our own best deal. Not the best way for a group to succeed, but it was about survival. Get your time and get out before something happens. Don't take any bait and think they will make your life so good that you are better off not being represented. Just remember this, the granddaddy of them all is a POLITICIAN! And he taught everyone of them how to play the game for their personal benefit, which is not to yours.

Listen to ALPA, vote with your mind and your heart, but don't think things will get better if the family is left to their own devices to make it better for you. They are just trying to keep things calm enough long enough so they can wiggle out of their deals with Pinnacle and move on.

Latest resources

Back