• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey all you PFTers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Times have changed, get over it. When I started, the mins were 1500/500, most had PFT, Express,Pinnacle, hell Comair made you pay $300 for a interview eval. I was lucky and did not have to pay for my job. How many of you bought that 737 type????

wouldn't it be ironic if this guy works at Southwest.

But he's alright, 'cuz he interviewed without the type and then dropped the 6k after he got the job. yeah.
Would you not drop 6k to make over 80k your first year?(picking up the right kind of trips) It is very different than paying 10 k to make 17k at co-ex back in the day.

So what I am reading from some of you is, I got mine, so all is OK. Well I have a thought or two about your decisions. Do you people ever consider the damage you have done to thousands of fellow pilots by your self serving acts? Do you even care? You guys make me sick. It is this exact greed, and to hell with everyone else attitude that has ruined this industry. There are pilots getting food stamps as a direct result of the downward pressure on wages provided by you paying for a job that should have paid you! And now, because a few of you managed to weasle your way into a good job, that pilots before you paid for by fighting against people just like yourself, you come on here and brag? You guys are some piece of work. I personally look foward to when Karma comes back for you.
Since you are so proud of your decision to undercut everyone for your own good, make sure you tell your coworkers, when the next contract comes up. At least that way they can watch their backs before you guys put a knife in it.

So what I am reading from some of you is, I got mine, so all is OK. Well I have a thought or two about your decisions. Do you people ever consider the damage you have done to thousands of fellow pilots by your self serving acts? Do you even care? You guys make me sick. It is this exact greed, and to hell with everyone else attitude that has ruined this industry. There are pilots getting food stamps as a direct result of the downward pressure on wages provided by you paying for a job that should have paid you! And now, because a few of you managed to weasle your way into a good job, that pilots before you paid for by fighting against people just like yourself, you come on here and brag? You guys are some piece of work. I personally look foward to when Karma comes back for you.
Since you are so proud of your decision to undercut everyone for your own good, make sure you tell your coworkers, when the next contract comes up. At least that way they can watch their backs before you guys put a knife in it.

You know what's kind of scary about this post: You could just about take this text verbatim and direct it at the senior pilots at some of the majors who bent over for a concessionary contract. My point - pilots are driven by greed and fear and our solidarity comes second. If you can't handle that, this may not be the industry for you.

Re-read this post and image it's aimed at them....

Congrats RustyNail, PCL128 and Whataburger! I love it when these simple-minded punks try to berate others and are slapped down. Unfortunately, their only response to your success is that you are a liar, you are gay or you are responsible for their inabilities. It definately shines a light on the maturity level and intelligence between you and them.
Fact is if these clowns were smart enough to take responsibility for themselves, they would be much farther ahead in their career. But then its a hell of a lot easier to be a victim these days and try to pull others down.

You know what's kind of scary about this post: You could just about take this text verbatim and direct it at the senior pilots at some of the majors who bent over for a concessionary contract. My point - pilots are driven by greed and fear and our solidarity comes second. If you can't handle that, this may not be the industry for you.

Re-read this post and image it's aimed at them....

I agree, but this thread was about the buy your job crowd. The one thing I wont do is ignore these pilots, be they PFTers or senior greed mongers. The only way to change things is to fight for whats right and call those that are doing harm to the table for their actions. What would happen if all of the pilots that came before us ( the ones with a moral compass) just quit because they didnt like the way things were going? I can handle the fight, can you?

FR8master,

Sorry - I didn't mean to direct the can't handle comment at you. If you look at the most recent contracts at both the regionals and the majors, most of them are far less than they should be. I could understand it if the 50+ guys at the majors just wanted to retire safely, but what about the 20 somethings at the regionals? What do they have to lose by voting no? I know that's another thread, but it goes to the question about how you make your career path. It's always been a goal of most pilots to make it to their last job just as soon as possible because of the seniority system. I think the next generation of pilots is actually going to be made up of engineers, architects and other professionals with brighter carreer expectations.

You guys do realize when you PFTed it was the equivalent of spending your first year working for free? IMO anyone who worked for free deserves to have their commercial license revoked. Be sure to bring up your PFT past often to people you fly with and tell everyone how much you deserve the lifestyle you have now. What goes around comes around.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back