Hey all you PFTers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

handlesaregay

How does it feel to know you paid 10-15K for a regional job and they can't even get enough 250 hour wonders to fill the seats nowadays. Paid hotel rooms in training, signing bonuses, even notorious PFT pioneer Gulfstream is having to hire and train legitimate FO's. That's got to hurt. How does that decision seem now in hindsight? GIA guys who "flowed through" to Pinnacle? Colgan guys who spent 18K to fly the 1900? Comair dudes? MAPD pay-for-interview scheme? Where are all you guys? Was it worth it?

wouldn't it be ironic if this guy works at Southwest.

But he's alright, 'cuz he interviewed without the type and then dropped the 6k after he got the job. yeah.

How does it feel to know you paid 10-15K for a regional job and they can't even get enough 250 hour wonders to fill the seats nowadays. Paid hotel rooms in training, signing bonuses, even notorious PFT pioneer Gulfstream is having to hire and train legitimate FO's. That's got to hurt. How does that decision seem now in hindsight? GIA guys who "flowed through" to Pinnacle? Colgan guys who spent 18K to fly the 1900? Comair dudes? MAPD pay-for-interview scheme? Where are all you guys? Was it worth it?

Feels good now that I'm at Fedex and stayed long enough for the company to pay me back all but 3K! How you doing haus?

Where are all you guys? Was it worth it?

I bet some of them are at UPS, FEDEX, SW and name some other places where you or me are not. Had I PFTed back when I started training in '01, the minimum I would be sitting senior CA at a regional. I am also sure there are others who came in late, who are regretting it. Just like anything else: It is all about timing.

So what do people like you think who make senless posts like this at FI? Was it worth it? Did you think the posts are going to be like: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I am sooooooo sorry. I brought the industry down. I should have not done that. Get a grip! Only supply and demand can actually make things happen, or make things go away. GIA is hiring FOs. Because of why? Not because we all came to our senses. Supply and demand. Everything else is daydreaming.

Feels good now that I'm at Fedex and stayed long enough for the company to pay me back all but 3K! How you doing haus?

Do you make sure to tell everyone you fly with how proud you are of it? I bet you like the vast majority of PFTers will lie and say "uh that was after I started there" or some other BS. Either way you have to live with yourself. I hope you sleep well knowing that some 20 year old wonder is getting hired to do the same job you paid 15K for a few years back, will upgrade a lot sooner than you did, and will probably be hired at fed ex a lot younger than you were. And he won't have to give management a hand job behind the dumpster like you did to get there. End justifies the means right?

It doesn't matter how much money you make now, once a wh--e always a wh--e.

Where are all you guys? Was it worth it?

Where am I? I'm at the major airline of my choice, driving 25 minutes to work, and spending a ton of time at home. I've got 1300 hours 121 PIC time, too. But thanks for worrying about me.

For the record, I don't support PFT, and it was a stupid thing I did before I knew any better. However, the idea that it hurts your career is asinine.

For the record, I don't support PFT, and it was a stupid thing I did before I knew any better. However, the idea that it hurts your career is asinine.

Who cares!

PFT is a business decision! Sure we'd love not to do it, but it doesn't degrade the profession. What degrades the profession is apathy once you get there.

There are plenty of guys, who can blame them, that believed when they got an airline job that you show, fly, and go home... they don't even realize that someone is minding the store of the profession.

PFT is before the job... the question is...what are you doing after you get the job to make it better.... If anyone is going to slam PFT then look in the mirror and start making this profession better than you found it!

Latest resources

Back