• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey all you PFTers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys do realize when you PFTed it was the equivalent of spending your first year working for free? IMO anyone who worked for free deserves to have their commercial license revoked. Be sure to bring up your PFT past often to people you fly with and tell everyone how much you deserve the lifestyle you have now. What goes around comes around.

Ladies-

You can't get on this message board with a moniker and inject a few ones and zeros and expect to solve the PFT "issue" in one post.

What about Doctors. They will go thru a tough training program including the 36+ hour shifts. How safe is that? Should they all band together and say no more? I don't want a fatigued ER doctor woking on me...

Everty profession has some sort of PFT. Unless you are on a scholarship.... You have to invest in your career earnings....

You can't put the burden of PFT on each individual. If you want to effect positive change it must come from influence and power, not individuals... The problem is the senior doctors and pilots simply say.... "I had to do it.. so let the new guys feel the pain"

What about ATP's? If i can go out an get my ATP and be more competitive am I a PFTer? Am I making it worse for others? The fact is there are plenty of routes to take in this country to get a jet job. PFT is making it any more difficult that minority hiring...

In addition, we live in America. Not Europe. Everybody loves the free market system that provides the cheapest product/service available... but suddenly it shouldn't apply to airline industry? We are trained and conditioned to do things cheaper, better, faster... so why is this any different? If you can't compete in the US Economy then go to Europe or Commie China....

Every pilot in this country should refuse to get a four year degree. Why do we need one? The FAA doesn't require it? Why should I have to waste four years and the cash to buy a degree?

Last edited:
Ladies-

What about Doctors. They will go thru a tough training program including the 36+ hour shifts. How safe is that? Should they all band together and say no more? I don't want a fatigued ER doctor woking on me...

This discussion was not about safety, however I agree I also dont want a fatigued doc working on me.

Everty profession has some sort of PFT. Unless you are on a scholarship.... You have to invest in your career earnings....

Yes, its called college and or, in our case, (flight school) once you have aquired the basic professional knowledge you get Hired.

You can't put the burden of PFT on each individual. If you want to effect positive change it must come from influence and power, not individuals... The problem is the senior doctors and pilots simply say.... "I had to do it.. so let the new guys feel the pain"

Sounds like you should be running for office, the individual is the power. One cant run around blaming everything on the system, just to justify ones own actions. By the way the senior Doctors say you must work your but off I did, so do the senior pilots. Neither of them say pay managment to work here.

What about ATP's? If i can go out an get my ATP and be more competitive am I a PFTer? Am I making it worse for others? The fact is there are plenty of routes to take in this country to get a jet job. PFT is making it any more difficult that minority hiring...

No, getting an ATP is training, it says your license is an Airline Transport Rating. And you are not paying your "employer" for it. You are paying a Flight School. There is a big difference.

In addition, we live in America. Not Europe. Everybody loves the free market system that provides the cheapest product/service available... but suddenly it shouldn't apply to airline industry? We are trained and conditioned to do things cheaper, better, faster... so why is this any different? If you can't compete in the US Economy then go to Europe or Commie China....

This has nothing to do with cheaper, faster, better, this has to do with working for free, or worse to the direct detriment of others.

Every pilot in this country should refuse to get a four year degree. Why do we need one? The FAA doesn't require it? Why should I have to waste four years and the cash to buy a degree?

Maybe, but you would still pay for flight School

If I had it to do over, I definitely would have PFT'ed back in the early nineties. I would have been several years ahead, had a few more years at the top of a major airline pay scale, and finished up my career with a couple hundred thousand more dollars in the bank. A 200K return on a 10K investment isn't too bad. :beer:

How does it feel to know you paid 10-15K for a regional job and they can't even get enough 250 hour wonders to fill the seats nowadays. Paid hotel rooms in training, signing bonuses, even notorious PFT pioneer Gulfstream is having to hire and train legitimate FO's. That's got to hurt. How does that decision seem now in hindsight? GIA guys who "flowed through" to Pinnacle? Colgan guys who spent 18K to fly the 1900? Comair dudes? MAPD pay-for-interview scheme? Where are all you guys? Was it worth it?

Yeah, you tell 'em slick! I just want you to know that you are now a better person for posting this thread. And, we are all better people for having read it.

You have now shown the PFTrs the light. It's such a shame that you weren't around to stop them when they wrote the check. If only I could experience, just for one second, what it is like to be a superior human being such as yourself.

This discussion was not about safety, however I agree I also dont want a fatigued doc working on me.

The point was how a system is set up. You can't expect individuals to change a bonifide system unless the system morally corupt. This isn't a MLK jr or Ghandi paradigm.

Yes, its called college and or, in our case, (flight school) once you have aquired the basic professional knowledge you get Hired.

Not in the comeptive market place of America. This is not a free hand out. Jobs aren't an entitlement. PFTers are working at FedEx making bank. The losers are whining with debt.

If the next guy is willing to make a Masters degree the entry level standard then so be it.

Why should an individual reject PFT when it is a good move for him/her in this competitive captalistic economy?

Sounds like you should be running for office, the individual is the power. One cant run around blaming everything on the system, just to justify ones own actions. By the way the senior Doctors say you must work your but off I did, so do the senior pilots. Neither of them say pay managment to work here.

PFT is a means to an end... if you don't like it then effect change...but you are dealing with the market place. It is more powerful than nature..? If not pretty damm close... you can't hold back the ocean.

No, getting an ATP is training, it says your license is an Airline Transport Rating. And you are not paying your "employer" for it. You are paying a Flight School. There is a big difference.

The CRJ puppy farms are training too.

This has nothing to do with cheaper, faster, better, this has to do with working for free, or worse to the direct detriment of others.

Who's going to pay for what in the competitive US market place. Supply and Demand.

Maybe, but you would still pay for flight School

And the sun will rise and the market place controls everything....

Last edited:
definetly
Love the post.

Wow the starter of this thread seems a little butt hurt. I did not PFT, but ill tell you this much if shelling out 7.5K would land me a job at SWA I would drop the coin in a second.

I did not PFT, but ill tell you this much if shelling out 7.5K would land me a job at SWA I would drop the coin in a second.

I wouldn't. Getting something you'd otherwise be unqualified for because money exchanged hands is a bribe. Maybe instead of an interview Fed Ex should charge a 100K entry fee? How many of you would take out a second mortgage to buy a job at Fed Ex? It would be absolutely no different than paying 10K for a regional job. Would you whine that it's not fair if you couldn't afford it? Maybe starting this thread was dumb cause a scumbag will always find a way to justify their actions but I think the comments are very revealing. To you guys it's just a numbers game, professional ethics don't even factor into the equation because you don't have any. But I guess what was I expecting from a bunch of PFTers. It's pretty clear the tigers don't change their stripes even after all these years.

Keep crying and keep bitching there buddy.....maybe one day it will all work out for you and get you somewhere!

I wouldn't. Getting something you'd otherwise be unqualified for because money exchanged hands is a bribe. Maybe instead of an interview Fed Ex should charge a 100K entry fee? How many of you would take out a second mortgage to buy a job at Fed Ex? It would be absolutely no different than paying 10K for a regional job. Would you whine that it's not fair if you couldn't afford it? Maybe starting this thread was dumb cause a scumbag will always find a way to justify their actions but I think the comments are very revealing. To you guys it's just a numbers game, professional ethics don't even factor into the equation because you don't have any. But I gues even after all these years.
Dork. a 7.5K investment to make 200 Gs a year and have a fantastic QOL, live in base, and work for a stable company is well worth it. Dork.

Latest resources

Back