• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here's to you Turbo-Prop Man.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man this thread is bringin' back the memories! I miss the ole Beech. Cruising around low in the fall in upstate New York. Some of the best views I've seen yet.

And Beta!

:D

Here's to you TurboProp FO...since your mighty 19-seater doesn't have a bathroom, at least one of your passengers has left you a 2 lb sic sac surprise in a seatback pocket. Don't you wish you weren't the FA too?

Here's to you TurboProp guy...MX told you the solution to getting those stuck flaps to come up, was to jump up and down on the wing root....and you fell for it, much to the concern of the passengers watching from the boarding area.

Here's to you Turboprop guy...the only reason you have to close your cockpit doors with the tensile strength of a First Class curtain, is to hide the red Cabin Alt High warning from your passengers....your plane hasn't held air since 1974.

Landing in BWI and the tower saying, "um.....piedmont just start taxing toward the ramp area, we've never had anyone exit the runway that short. Contact ground."

Being at a family gathering and expaining what you fly and thay say, "...a dash, what's that, ohhhhhh a puddle jumper, is that safe."

Hell yes it's safe. Carrying 37 people at a time 100 miles away at mach .287.

All for the multi-engine turbine time.

Pour one out for da prizzzzops.

Last edited:
Landing in BWI and the tower saying, "um.....piedmont just start taxing toward the ramp area, we've never had anyone exit the runway that short. Contact ground."

Being at a family gathering and expaining what you fly and thay say, "...a dash, what's that, ohhhhhh a puddle jumper, is that safe."

Hell yes it's safe. Carrying 37 people at a time 100 miles away at mach .287.

All for the multi-engine turbine time.

Pour one out for da prizzzzops.

LOL, we had a dipsh$t Captain in the Dash (if you know CLT) land on 23 and exit on 18L while the controller called the 73 for takeoff on 18L..... lol most go way past that intersection!!!! Boy, the Tower guy was pissed!!!

.....good times in the Dash.

.287! da%n Smoky! whats the hurry?

I heard it called a "crop duster", "WW II bomber"...... among many other things. I'd trust a Dash over many other a/c.....

Just once when someone said, "Is this thing safe?" I wanted to say, "No!"

"Is this old thing safe to fly?"
My response is "how in the hell do you think it got to be this old?"

"Piedmont, maintain 220 or greater"
"Unable."
"Uhh...maintain max fwd speed and turn 30 degrees right."

Beta powerrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!

I thought that you aren't supposed to exit a runway onto another intersecting runway? I know that, just being a smartass...LOL I flew freight into CLT and had big fun beating 73s and MD-80s to the airport in my trusty Cherokee-Six!

Here's to you turbo prop man......

WHAT SPEAK UP LITTLE DEF FROM ALL THOSE YEARS IN MU2'S AND JETSTREAMS!

How can you tell a turbo prop crew in the terminal? Shirts are stained with sweat and they are screaming at the top of their lungs because their ears are still ringing from those Garretts. LOL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back