Here's to you Turbo-Prop Man.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Overheard from pax. "This is one small airplane"

Captains response "You wouldn't think it was small if it fell on your house"[/quote]

that is awesome.:smash:

I've also heard of a pax making fun of a certain UK-made 19 seat t-prop "this a/c is so small/sux/etc..."

response from a buddy was "hey, I don't come to McDonalds when you're at work & start complainin'"

At least if I break my index finger I can still fly my Saab or 1900. UN like you jet guys you break your index finger you can’t fly? Why? Because you can’t program your FMS any more while you are asking ATC what a VOR is and asking your FO to find those jep charts and figure out how to use them. As ATC say Jet Jock you are now cleared for NDB RW16 full approach about this time you are asking ATC what’s a NDB? As ATC is telling you that’s what you listen to the football game on. Ho Wait you guys don’t have one of those looks like you can’t listen to the Foot ball game. But at least the passengers get to watch two monkeys Fing a football for entertainment. While us Turbo prop guys are at the hotel drinking beer, because we just shot that same NDB with one hand tied behind are back while leaping over a tall building and fling faster than a jet. Ho wait we don’t leap over tall building we just pick them up and go under them leaping over tall buildings is for jet guys.

May be some day you can fly my Turbo prop when your jet is parked in the desert. Flying my turbo prop will give you some hair on your chest like a real pilot the TURBO PROP MAN.

don't lump all jet guys into that category! i fly ndb approaches in an all steam gauge jet. no flight director either. RAW DATA!

You guys are a bunch of sissy....
-"Morning Denver Lakes air XXX joule for 17R"
-DIA tower.. "Lakes Air XXX slow to your final your overtaking the 757 2 mile final by 100 kts"
-" No problem... Lakes Air XXX"
-DIA tower (as we exit at EC... look it up.. its friggen short)... "Lakes Air XXX.. Nice Job.. The 757 will wait for you, call ramp on the way in"

The shiny jet is fun, but id take the mighty Beech any day.. Well, only if they paid me the same and gave me 17 days off a month... My all time favorite....

-Pax "are you old enough to fly this plane"
-FO... "Me fly the plane? No way. Its take your son to work day and my dad said I could handle the controlls for a while"...

Last edited:
don't lump all jet guys into that category! i fly ndb approaches in an all steam gauge jet. no flight director either. RAW DATA!

Ho no those guys that fly for fedex UPs flying 727 DC9 i feel for you it's just these RJ guys who have 900 hours and think they are the best. Then they become captains and still think they are the best. Just take all the autimation away and see how they can fly.

Story1

LWB West Virginia circa 1996...
WX...SCT TSTORMS
AC-B1900

PAX(old lady in fur coat)..Is this thing safe to fly in this weather?

Captain...Oh yeah, this thing is state of the art, got all the bells and whistles, hell I don't even know what half that stuff does.

PAX...Stunned, look on face, boards the aircraft anyway.

Me...crying cause I'm laughing so hard.

Story 2

PIT Circa 1996
WX...PIT Circa1996
AC B1900

Due to Ramp controller screw up, we come face to face with a Doorknob on Y south. Snow piled two feet high on both sides. Ramp says "sorry can one of you guys turn around?" Doorknob...."no way" (taxi way is maybe 35 ft wide). Captain after contemplating the situation and length of delay we are about to face while waiting for a tug to push someone (back in those days there were no tugs for props), says "don't tell anyone I did this".. proceeds to do a three point turn on the taxiway, and we're off.

You gotta love an airplane that proudly announces "Hey everyone, I'm here!" as it pulls onto the ramp with that awesome beta growl.

Redline to the marker (the MIDDLE one), slap it into idle, dump flaps, hang on through the balloon, and still put it down on the piano keys.

But my alltime favorite would have to be the SWA 737 on approach in front of me into CLE. A whopping 60 knot overtake. In a VAN! If only I could have seen the looks on their faces when that went out over the radio. :)

Props to the turboprops! :beer:

Latest resources

Back