• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here we go FedEx guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth, my uncle, Bill Glenn, is a member of the 570. He retired last year as an ORD 757 captain. The most mad - dog, rabid ALPA member you'd ever want to meet. Dog-cussed me once because I was in uniform without a pin.

And you can imagine the fun he had flying with crossers. He spent ~3 years in court getting his job back (with ALPA's help) and then getting his original date of hire, while the crossers made money and got upgrades.

dtfl said:
Now to one of the original questions - Sandmans avatar - I say it's Brook Burke.

Dude - it's his wife. Read between the lines.

But in any case: having known the Sandman and his wife for many years, I can confirm that the pic is her.

R&I just sent out a newletter. MGT proposed increase in health care premiums at 400%. (Previous pay increase 3%). The "bonus" they promised would be absorbed by most guys in 1-2 years of increased health premiums.

Its all business--it ain't personal--but the stuff I see out there from MGT at this stage is more "give a quarter here, take back a dollar there..." stuff.

My negotiating committee speaks for me.

PurpleInMEM said:
Folks I don't know about the rest of you but I'm ready to walk when the time comes. That time is rapidly approaching.

I've got money put away, a credit line on my house, clear credit cards and most importantly a part-time job. I don't fly DRF, VLT or AVA and I don't sell back vacation.

When the time comes I will walk away from this place like I've never worked here and will plan on never coming back. If a contract gets signed, great! If not, well then I guess it's time to find something else to do. Neither this job nor this corporation is the end game for me, even if it means a substantially lower standard of living.

This is the kind of resolve it's going to take to force the corporation to negotiate, and force them we must.

I'm with you... Being a pilot for FedEx is not WHO I am, but WHAT I do... That means that if we don't get a contract, I loose my job, have to downsize, then that's what I'll do... I wont look back... Don't get me wrong, I love my job and the "perks" of flying around the world, but I WILL NOT be taken advantage of... And that what FedEx is attempting to do...

Yes, this is a business negotiation, and a business decision... I will not fly DFT , VLT nor will I pick up any more trips until the contract is signed... It's WAY past time for war chest building!! Everyone knows that flying DFT, VLT, and selling back vacation helps the individual pilot, and its perfectly OK (IMHO) to do so in an environment where little is to be gained (or lost)... But, using the reasonable man theory, now is not that time... Simply put, If you choose to do these things, in our current state of negotiations, you are doing MUCH MORE harm than good... You know that, I know that, and everyone on this board knows that!!

You choose to do what you will... As for me, my negotiating commitee needs my help... They could use your help as well...

Take Care!
Murdawg5

Murdawg5 said:
Yes, this is a business negotiation, and a business decision... I will not fly DFT , VLT nor will I pick up any more trips until the contract is signed... It's WAY past time for war chest building!! Everyone knows that flying DFT, VLT, and selling back vacation helps the individual pilot, and its perfectly OK (IMHO) to do so in an environment where little is to be gained (or lost)... But, using the reasonable man theory, now is not that time... Simply put, If you choose to do these things, in our current state of negotiations, you are doing MUCH MORE harm than good... You know that, I know that, and everyone on this board knows that!!

Good thoughts and I'm with ya. But, I don't think we'll put much of a dent in the thing.

Just last night, in MD11 F/O open time, 2 of the disputed pairings (the MEM-EWR-FRA thing) showed up. I thought, great, guys are getting wise. Finally. But they're gone already this morning. Wish I remembered the darn pairings. I'd post some names. WTF? I can almost understand guys flying DFT and VLT. But the disputed pairings? At straight time?

My negotiating commitee speaks for me.

I saw the disputed paring thing, too, but a few days ago. I was sweating it, because I was on reserve for those days, and was convinced I could end up with it (the legal type way.)

I was already to do the trip if assigned, then come back and file a flight safety report on how fatigue-inducing the trip was. (Stupid optimzer.) But, lo and behold! Some Loser picked it up. On purpose. Voluntarily. Hope he keels over in a narcaleptic fit from lack of sleep and lack of a brain.

semperfido said:
mem-ewr-fra? fra being france? doesn't sound that bad to me. what 10 hrs flying and 14 hr duty? :)

FRA=Frankfurt, Germany. It's a little longer leg than going to CDG (Paris). Anyway we are going to farm that flying out to one of the myriad charter outfits that can do it better, cheaper, faster...:rolleyes:

Regards,

ok frankfurt (eddf). still only 10 hr flying and 14 hr day. fedex1 was pulling the fatigue card out? how long is the stop in ewr? 3 hrs? just looks like a routine day to me.:pimp:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back