Here we go FedEx guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TonyC said:
We are concerned about the erosion of Health Care benefits, the attack on our Retirement security, the threat of Scope attacks, and the Work Rules that become more and more onerous each time the Optimizer tweaks the schedule.

you guys don't live in a vacuum and are not immune to the market forces facing your employer. i hope you can maintain your standard of living. everyone else's seems to be going downhill.

semperfido said:
you guys don't live in a vacuum and are not immune to the market forces facing your employer. i hope you can maintain your standard of living. everyone else's seems to be going downhill.
Our Company seems to disagree with your sentiment. You see, the market forces facing our employer have resulted in record profits quarter after quarter after quarter, yet the employees have been quite insulated from any sort of increased pay or benefit.

Do you think we should ask for a pay cut because some airlines are in bankruptcy?

:)

TonyC said:
They have powerful drugs for that stuff these days. :)
Will it cure that itch I have, you know, down there??

It is perfectly acceptable to fly draft, AVA, or sell back your vacation. Build up your war chest now. Anyone saying to "tell all your buddies not to" on a crew bus is starting their own agenda. (Of course, ALPA cannot tell you not to do these things- that would be illegal and open us to being sued and fined. However, I asked my P2P ALPA guy specifially/ He said build up that war chest now and that is was more than ok.)

You had 18 months to build up your war chest! Now, push is coming to shove. Are you telling me you weren't insulted by the press release? Were you at the meeting at the hub last night? They obviously can't say not to fly draft, ava or to sell back vacation, but they made it know is subtle tones that a little pressure could have this finished up sooner rather than later. Please, restrain yourself from flying that draft trip. Get the contract signed, and then work all the overtime you want under a better contract.

Latest resources

Back