Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here is the DAL MEC Chairman's letter about the TA....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well General, where is your hell-bent no wavering on scope? Looks like they just opened the door to a LOT more 76 seaters with this turd. Yes it would continue the demise of the 50 seats ( that Anderson would be parking anyway ). So much for holding the line so far. :rolleyes:

Do you mean me personally? I would say this scope really goes after the main problem, which is the total number of RJs. Do I want more 76 seaters? No. Do I want most of the 50 seaters to go away? Sure I do, and yes, they were probably going to go away anyway, but supposedly Delta has about 10 more years on the hook for them. So, what do you do about that? Do you complain to the sky? What to do? Looks like Bombardier will take away a bunch to add 76 seaters (up to 70 that is), as long as it is tied to new 717s or A319s coming. 1.25 new mainline planes for every new 76 seater, and those 76 seaters can go up to a max of 223, which is less than the current max of 255. (there are 153 now) To get any new 76 seaters, there MUST be 717s or A319s added. But, the other part of that is that there will be only 125 total 50 seaters (there must be 300 now) allowed.

So, the RJ numbers in TOTAL come way down. Were they coming down anyway? Probably, but someone got a lease extension. We can be mad about that all day, but what can you actually do about it? Just park them and lose money? You could, or you could try to do something about it. The problem which needs to be fixed is the TOTAL number.

And, what about the pilots of those RJs? I don't want them to hit the street. I did see something in the TA about 35% of newhires in each class have to come from an ALPA DCI airline. That's good if DL does hire a lot.

I have to continue to try to read the TA, it is giving me a headache. The compensation part isn't that great.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Looks like Song guys almost get SWA money....after Obama finishes his next term. And all that cost was giving more flying away. Way to go! Another lowering of the bar...just as I predicted. Pathetic. My next prediction is that it passes 75-25.

Maybe you guys should just try for AF pilot rates + 1%.

If you add the DC funding, the DL guys surpass the SWA pilots. Especially the SONG pilots....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I can't believe it! GL gets a TA that pays less than SWA and caves on scope and the spin is in full swing. I'm shocked! (sarcasm heavily implied). If you guys ever thought that Delta would raise the bar, you are sadly mistaken. It would be one thing if they crushed SWA rates and caved on scope. But they didn't even get SWA pay to cave on scope.

Next prediction: GL says this thing is great (even though it's very much a turd) and it passes huge. SWA mgt uses this contract to erode the SWA contract.

So who wants to bet this thing passes with about 60% or better?

Sure would have liked to see that scope tightened up, o well. Now when bankruptcy comes to Delta again because of _________ (fill in blank) and the bankruptcy judge changes the ratio to something closer to current levels (only with 70 something seaters) is it still going to be the regional pilot's fault?

I can't believe it! GL gets a TA that pays less than SWA and caves on scope and the spin is in full swing. I'm shocked! (sarcasm heavily implied). If you guys ever thought that Delta would raise the bar, you are sadly mistaken. It would be one thing if they crushed SWA rates and caved on scope. But they didn't even get SWA pay to cave on scope.

Next prediction: GL says this thing is great (even though it's very much a turd) and it passes huge. SWA mgt uses this contract to erode the SWA contract.

Thanks Tanky (sarcasm heavily implied). I don't think this whole thing is great at all. There are some parts that I have read that aren't as bad as I thought, but I am still waiting for a summary from ALPA (A negotiatior's notepad as we call them), and the roadshow in ATL. I want to hear exactly what they were thinking. I don't know if it will pass "huge", but it may pass. As far as you and the SWA guys go, GK has already made it clear in recent articles that things are getting tougher for you guys, and I don't know if that means he will be trying for cuts for you. I hope not, and I want you to go higher, for all of us. Good luck Tanky, enjoy SWA.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So who wants to bet this thing passes with about 60% or better?

Sure would have liked to see that scope tightened up, o well. Now when bankruptcy comes to Delta again because of _________ (fill in blank) and the bankruptcy judge changes the ratio to something closer to current levels (only with 70 something seaters) is it still going to be the regional pilot's fault?

How about we get a summary from ALPA first (so I don't have to read lawyer-speak in the TA and get a headache), and then hear some roadshows? I have questions to ask. I think a lot of us do.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Damn General, I thought you were a lawyer. You spew so much crap on here you could only be a lawyer or a call girl?

Southwest 737 pilots have set the high benchmark for wages and Delta needs to match that for the same aircraft type.

Okay I know you didn't mean to Heavy set but this statement almost made me vomit.

Having those on the higher branches of the tree knocked off above you leaving you on the highest branch of the tree does not allow SWA pilots to claim they are setting some high benchmark...and all of a sudden become the defenders of the profession.

This profession still allows you to make a descent living IN-SPITE of SWA not BECAUSE-OF SWA.

Sorry...this is not meant as a flame and I mean no disrespect to SWA pilots, but some people on this board speak of SWA and their pay rates as if they have always been the "kings" of the mountain, something all the rest of us have always aspired for. The highest paid 737 pilots to ever walk the planet.

Back in the day, people didn't go to SWA because the pay sucked...and it STILL SUCKS. Now it just sucks-more for everybody.

http://bit.ly/deltapay04
http://bit.ly/swapay04

Latest resources

Back