Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here is the DAL MEC Chairman's letter about the TA....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm asking, as this is my first contract vote, what are the chances we would get a better contract if we vote this one down? I'm leaning on voting 'yes' and immediately filling out my DPA card.

I am sure Delta management is cheering your yes-leaning vote! So are the 62+ year old pilots (many of whom are former NWA pilots with pensions).

Negotiators expect additional offers - they don't expect one side to cave and accept the first an only offer. Just saying....

Probably too late in your negotiating process, but I would have started by insisting that Delta 737-800 pilots make the absolute same top pay as Southwest 737 pilots - and then increase it from there for larger aircraft. Southwest 737 pilots have set the high benchmark for wages and Delta needs to match that for the same aircraft type. That would have been a good place to start the negotiation. Southwest did not have a bankruptcy negotiation - but now it is time for Delta pilots to get their payback.

Offering to pay this amount over 3 years is an insult. I agree - vote it down!

We should all be supporting each other to get higher rates, not trying to deparage other airlines to make ourselves look better.
We all know how SWA got to were they are and good for you guys that you finally got to the upper end of the industry payscales. How about checking your little "warrior spirit" and supporting others trying to do the same.

Hey Dano, you really need to get some new material. That warrior spirit dig is getting a little long in the tooth....

....and I'm sorry that my message isn't in line with your kum ba yah-esque, rah-rah, everyone's a winner, PC tone. Get over it. Let me spell it out for you: I WANT the Delta pilots to win any dick-measuring contest with SWAPA pilots! Airline mgmts have been using labor to solve their problems for the last decade and it needs to STOP! When there's wobbliness in the face of management it should be called out....including in my own back yard. In the last year we agreed to fly an airplane with 30% more capacity for the SAME rate (WTFO?)! Now we have been presented with a side letter that provides NO override for international ops (Wha-WTFO?)! At least that one appears poised to go down in flames...

Hey, I don't care if it's Delta, Hawaiian, UCAL....or SWA. If a TA is a home-run, I'll be the first to cheer it on....for the benefit of the profession. And when it's a turd (as this one appears at first look), expect to take some heat from your peers. That in itself can be a very potent motivation to vote the right way.

Probably too late in your negotiating process, but I would have started by insisting that Delta 737-800 pilots make the absolute same top pay as Southwest 737 pilots - and then increase it from there for larger aircraft. Southwest 737 pilots have set the high benchmark for wages and Delta needs to match that for the same aircraft type. That would have been a good place to start the negotiation. Southwest did not have a bankruptcy negotiation - but now it is time for Delta pilots to get their payback.

Offering to pay this amount over 3 years is an insult. I agree - vote it down!

Payrates aren't the end all of a compensation package. Just factoring in the 15% DC Delta pilots will top SWA. And in 3 short years the NC will be back at the table for more improvements

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What happened during the Delta/NWA merger? Which offer was better - the initial offer or the one we have now?

If the narrowbody purchases are posturing then it cancels out your increase of 76 seaters argument.

As far as profit sharing, it's negotiations, you can't get everything you want in a reasonable time period. But you can get DPA in there and sit on the old contract rates for the next 5 years if you're lucky trying to get pay and profit sharing increases

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

You're right. Unless they buy the 717 or more A319s, there is no increase in 76 seaters. It's black and white.

ALPA heard us "loud and clear" they said. That message was pay and not one more RJ. I will vote no over and over again. We do not need more RJs. That is ridiculous.
Southtran has the highest pay, no RJs, and is the most successful airline out there.
There is no reason to accept this.

Latest resources

Back