Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here is the DAL MEC Chairman's letter about the TA....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd like to see the spin on that ratio. Are they talking seats, aircraft, fat flight attendants or what?
Plus, single digit pay increases are laughable. 3% is merely cost of living. 4% DOS is a joke. I would have passed on the 12.5% all up front.

The spin on that ratio will be a decreaSe in overall intl bc of joint ventures. If that goes down, the domestic ratio goes thru the roof...

"The share of mainline domestic flying will increase by 21 percent and the ratio of mainline domestic to DCI flying will increase by 57 percent over the life of this agreement."
This statement alone sounds pretty good to me.
I don't understand what everyone is complaining about.... I understand the devil is in the details, but a 20% pay increase in tightening up on scope sound like a win for the pilots..... Am I missing something?

wtf are you smoking........it allows for 70!!! more 76 seaters. This is a pos all around. A huge no vote and this is my last of 14 years of ALPA. I am the newest DPA member. Can they (DPA) fix this, who knows but ALPA obviously didn't "hear me loud and clear"!

Last edited:
The two main points that hopefully will get this TA rejected...

-A pay increase that doesn't get us SWA W2s, AND is offset by a 33% reduction in our profit sharing.

-70 more 76 seaters on property, if Management gets to do what they were going to do anyway (buy some narrow bodies and scrap more 50 seaters)

I'm asking, as this is my first contract vote, what are the chances we would get a better contract if we vote this one down? I'm leaning on voting 'yes' and immediately filling out my DPA card.
You are leaning towards voting yes, but filling out a DPA card? If you don't like it, vote no. Nothing worse then voting yes and complaining about the contract.

ALPA heard us "loud and clear" they said. That message was pay and not one more RJ. I will vote no over and over again. We do not need more RJs. That is ridiculous.
Southtran has the highest pay, no RJs, and is the most successful airline out there.
There is no reason to accept this.

Could not agree more. Who was DALPA listening to? - not us apparently. A piddly-ass raise funded by a reduction in profit sharing; more, bigger, RJs when the 50 seaters are doomed anyway; and only the most marginal improvements in reserve,vacation and sick time.

I hope you ALPA reps enjoyed your banquets at the Lowes hotel. With any luck that will be the last time you get another dime of mine to spend -you fukcs!. This TA is a disgrace.

DPA NOW!

The two main points that hopefully will get this TA rejected...

-A pay increase that doesn't get us SWA W2s, AND is offset by a 33% reduction in our profit sharing.

-70 more 76 seaters on property, if Management gets to do what they were going to do anyway (buy some narrow bodies and scrap more 50 seaters)

I wholeheartedly agree with these 2 points. Get more 717s, A319s or C-Series airplanes instead of that number of CR7/9s. Passengers don't like the standard RJs - I should know I hear about it every day on my ERJ!!!!!!!!!!!! The CRJ line is very uncomfortable and clearly not cost competitive - that is why your Management wants to DUMP them. I guess the E170/175s are pretty comfortable.

You are leaning towards voting yes, but filling out a DPA card? If you don't like it, vote no. Nothing worse then voting yes and complaining about the contract.

When did I complain? I'm voting with my feet - much more effective.

Looks like Song guys almost get SWA money....after Obama finishes his next term. And all that cost was giving more flying away. Way to go! Another lowering of the bar...just as I predicted. Pathetic. My next prediction is that it passes 75-25.

Maybe you guys should just try for AF pilot rates + 1%.

Last edited:
Well General, where is your hell-bent no wavering on scope? Looks like they just opened the door to a LOT more 76 seaters with this turd. Yes it would continue the demise of the 50 seats ( that Anderson would be parking anyway ). So much for holding the line so far. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back