• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here comes the furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You expose your checking account to that level of ID fraud? YIKES!!!!

Its one thing to have fraud on a credit card.. You've got up to 30 days to clear it....

But to have fraud clean out your cash!!! YIKES again!!!

Pull out your ATM card -- I bet it has a VISA logo on it.

What was this thread about?

When you ASSume

Credit card debt at all time highs (I routinely see people pump gas and buy groceries on CREDIT CARDS, not debit, but CREDIT CARDS),

This is what happens when people make assumptions about things that shouldn't concern them. Our bank, along with MOST others, have the Visa / Mastercard logo on them...it isn't an option, and it isn't credit. In addition, MANY banks, like ours, have rewards programs where, when you click the CREDIT button, you get points for each dollar spent (toward free gift cards, etc). There is nothing CREDIT about it, other than you have to press the credit button during the transaction. This is not an unusual program, it is commonplace.
Yes, I believe that much of America is in credit debt, however, it is typically for houses and bling-bling purchases. Food is left to the govt to take care of, though there may very well be a FEW people with credit left that use it for groceries. THAT would be the exception however...do not make assumptions about people using that credit BUTTON in line, and get with the late 80s and realize that debit cards have Visa logos now.

Pull out your ATM card -- I bet it has a VISA logo on it.

What was this thread about?

Wrong! it does say mastercard though.... :)

My point is I don't use my check/cash card like a credit card... I use it to get cash and rare occasional purchase where AMEX isn't accepted. Although I have another MC credit card for that.

Use your check/cash card for everyday and common purchases and you increase the risk of fraud on that card... problem is... when a thief gets your data s/he wipes out your checking account... IOW your cash!

Just trying to help a brother out.... however, its your money.... until it gets stolen...

problem is... when a thief gets your data s/he wipes out your checking account... IOW your cash!

Just trying to help a brother out.... however, its your money.... until it gets stolen...

Most banks don't hold you liable for over around a couple hundred dollars of fraudulent purchases on a bank card, whether using the pin or credit button. Anyone can use the credit button, so that could happen either way, if you aren't careful. I haven't seen a ATM/debit card without a visa o m/c logo on at least 15 years. Obviously everyone knows you don't use debit cards online or at small establishments....that's where any risk exists.

Last edited:
Just got a call from flight ops..they said that they are not running classes over the summer. Not sure which, if any classes are "cancelled". Only said that the folks in 737 school are being switched to A320 school. He said there has not been any mention of furloughs, totally opposite of the thread title.

Whoever started the thread please post any furlough info. you have ....as for us on the inside, we are not seeing any.

Why are we discussing what is stamped on our credit cards anyway....

Last edited:
If anyone wants to steal my identity...they can have it...heck, I'll give it away to the highest bidder! :D

I haven't seen a ATM/debit card without a visa o m/c logo on at least 15 years.
You have to specifically request them. I have done that with all my ATM cards....requested a ATM card only without the debit card feature. Don't know if every bank offers that option though.

Wrong! it does say mastercard though.... :)

My point is I don't use my check/cash card like a credit card... I use it to get cash and rare occasional purchase where AMEX isn't accepted. Although I have another MC credit card for that.

Use your check/cash card for everyday and common purchases and you increase the risk of fraud on that card... problem is... when a thief gets your data s/he wipes out your checking account... IOW your cash!

Seriously -- what's the difference? You use your Mastercard-branded check card, right? It exists in this universe, right? So it would logically follow that any object that EXISTS could be lost or stolen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back