• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coogebeachhotel

WTF here we go again.

United stops hiring then cancels classes. Not good

The "good times" didn't last very long this time. Only 1-2 years (3 for CAL) of profits and hiring at the legacies before this newest downturn.

Yeah Hillary will be a fantastic b!tch.

I want to vote for you Avatar! She'll straighten something out. Maybe I'll pencil her in.

She may straighten something out. But I bet she winds up not being able to walk straight up after a while, I forsee back problems in her future.

....I hear Obama is consulting with his spiritual advisor on how to deal with the economy....
Ha, yeah they talked about how much America sucks, then they agreed to sell us to the South Africa.

Maybe the dollar will rise and oil will collapse.......sigh....I can dream right?

The Fed has a couple more rate cuts left; they'll probably expend those bullets before summertime. At that point, the dollar will likely be at it's low point. By then, I'd expect to see the rest of the world cut their rates due to their economies slowing down. After the second rate cut or whenever the Fed funds rate gets cut to below 1% (in case they decide to spread the cuts out to 3 cuts), I would expect to see the dollar strengthen.

As for oil, it looks like commodities speculators are starting to unwind their positions across all commodites (not just oil). Oil prices should continue downward; worldwide demand is decreasing.
OPEC will likely cut production targets in the next couple of months, but that will not stop price declines.

All of the above will not matter much; we're going into a worldwide economic slowdown. Airline passenger traffic is going to decrease. That will result in less block hours and less pilot jobs.
It's the economic circle of life.

Latest resources

Back