• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here comes the furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are we discussing what is stamped on our credit cards anyway....

I must admit my part in this derailment.

Back to something more positive than identity theft -- class cancellations and furloughs! I think I will go put some $4 a gallon gas in my car.

Seriously though, good luck to all.

Just to keep up with the credit card theme, Satpak, here's the 5 meter target. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/03/23/ccfed123.xml

This is getting ready to blow. The talk of LEH and MER insolvencies is growing to a loud rumble. Pretty soon the new buzzword will be 'Counterparty risk.'

What's all this mean to the airlines? Those fancy oil hedges are worthless if the party that wrote them goes bankrupt.

not argueing or anything and i do think the US is in the pooper economy wise but why are my planes full (over 60 seats filled out of 76 or 86)?

I'm pretty intune with loads as we over here at Rep still fill out the "can" old school commuter style with out, off, on, in, flt #, block, and pax #. (capts job)

So every leg at say 4.5 average legs a day and all I do is 4days trips I cannot recall putting a number lower than 50 other than maybe 5 times since say Jan 1, 2008.

I'd agree, It's been hard to non-rev around at times, BUT Is this not partly because we've reduced the amount of flights too?

not argueing or anything and i do think the US is in the pooper economy wise but why are my planes full (over 60 seats filled out of 76 or 86)?

I'm pretty intune with loads as we over here at Rep still fill out the "can" old school commuter style with out, off, on, in, flt #, block, and pax #. (capts job)

So every leg at say 4.5 average legs a day and all I do is 4days trips I cannot recall putting a number lower than 50 other than maybe 5 times since say Jan 1, 2008.

I can remember my finance professor asking me will the loads you have now pay for your expenses now? the tickets were purchased six monts ago. this is called accrued revenue with expenses that may not be secured. in other words loads don't mean jack.

You may be right, and when Rev. Wright runs for president I will not vote for him. Obama attended his church...correct. Did he draft his sermons...no. Does he believe in everything right says...no. He was his SPIRTIUAL advisor and mentor.

spirtual-of the spirit; religious

Wright may have made some very good sermons on the lord in his 20+ years of service, I don't know because I have never heard an entire sermon from him. Have you? To put a mans 20+ year career into a 2min sound bite is wrong. That is to say that if you bounce a landing that you suck as a pilot.

BTW, Obama was raised primarily by his mother and grandparents not over in a muslim extremist camp.

Not being a sheep, just getting the whole story and not a sound bite.

Beg to differ on this one Govnah. The man could very well have preached sunshine a roses for the past 20 years, but if I go into his church the very first Sunday after 9/11/01 and he tells me and the rest of the congregation that it's OUR fault we were attacked, that's when he is officially no longer my pastor. Don't need much more than a 2 min sound bite to convince me on that one.

Hopefully my post will further contribute to this mess of a thread. What were we originally talking about... the Final Four? I got DeVry winning it all.

No furloughs, but all classes after March 31 class are cancelled. Due to 737 retirements, military leave returns...March 31 class would have been dropped, but those folks already gave notices at present jobs.

apparently, they wanted to avoid future furloughs.
Those cancelled may be recalled should classes start again, as their paperwork is good for a year.
Sounds pretty decent of them.

Last edited:
They were not running any summer classes anyway. So they are running classes for the returning pilots?...I read "Andy" is going in April.

Lets just see how it goes. Good luck.

I agree with your post, but would point out that using a credit card for gas and groceries doesn't automatically mean that person is in debt. I use a card for those purchases as well but pay the balance in full each month, it's convenient, I get a few hundred a year in "cash back" or "rewards", and haven't paid a dime in finance charges in over a decade.
Or contributions to the kid's college savings plan.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back