• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help-Skywest or In and Out Burger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know...I think the food at In N Out is better....seriously, a career in aviation is much better than one in the food industry. Money might be the same for a few years, but aviation eventually pays off. In any case, you can always go back to In N Out.

And after reading all the other posts, I come to the conclusion that not many flying in the regionals really know what its like to have to get up every morning and do a job you much rather not be doing. I remember the days when I was making more money delivering candy to vending machines and every time I saw even a freight dog flying overhead I missed flying. So you have to spend the night in Fargo or Fresno...so its cold outside...so its hot outside... you have to ride in a van to an hotel you don't pay for...so you have to wear a uniform...a hat...go through TSA...Waaaahh. The other option is to keep asking people if they want fries with that...do you want to super-size it or if they want to work part-time of full-time. And by the way, if you are going to spend the money, go to a cheaper school. Riddle is not what it used to be and the doors don't open automatically like they used to any more. If SkyWest doesn't pan out, there are a multitude of other options. I was blessed and finally got the job I wanted. I make as much as a 4 year Captain with the option of making more if I want to work more, and I work 7 days on, 7 days off. Or you can fly charter or whatever you want. But at least you will have options. Don't let any of these other folks discourage you from doing it.

Last edited:
I swear....the number of people in the industry that have to idea what it's like to have 3 bosses over your shoulder...daily reports...phone calls at home asking for more work...office politics..etc..drives me crazy.

"Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired."

This thread really has me craving a Double-Double with grilled onions.

And if any of you think this thread is legitimate, well, I've got some land in S.W. Florida for sale...

Latest resources

Back