• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help-Skywest or In and Out Burger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you sissy @ss dick holes have never worked a real bull $hit job, you'd be smart enough to realize that $100,000 a year isn't everything. I'd rather make $24,000 the rest of my life flying, then to ever go back to real jobs...even for $100,000 to start managing a fast food joint/real estate/small business office/school/.

I swear....the number of people in the industry that have to idea what it's like to have 3 bosses over your shoulder...daily reports...phone calls at home asking for more work...office politics..etc..drives me crazy.

You want real misery..just wait until your first furlough. Good luck finding a job that even comes close to airline life. You'll find yourself wishing to complain about crew meals and commuting.

oh, and BTW. Even $100,000 and year salary in my state only brings home about $5,700 a month after tax for a single guy. Thats equal to $73 bucks a flight hour plus per diem at an 87 hour month.

Sticky:

First, you need to fire your accountant. You are getting hosed.

Second, YGBSM, you'd be happy making $24/k a year for the rest of your career? What do you want the company to do with all the money they'll be making off your hard work for all those years? Give it to the shareholders I suppose, or managment. But hey, at least you wont have all those job pressures you are avoiding by being a pilot. Are you an idiot? Cuz you sure sound like one.

This thread really has me craving a Double-Double with grilled onions.

And if any of you think this thread is legitimate, well, I've got some land in S.W. Florida for sale...

No no no. Double Double Animal style. Come on now. Anyone ever had the animal fries? Not my thing. All you Cali, Nevada types don't know how good you have it. I make it out there a couple times a year and the In-and-Out is a must. :)

Are there any In and Out Burgers on the east coast?

Are there any In and Out Burgers on the east coast?
I have a friend that looked into it not too long ago...he wanted to start them up in the DFW area.

In-N-Out will not let just anyone open a franchise. You apparently have to be more connected than John Gotti...and the location has to be within x miles of an In-N-Out warehouse (thus the reason SGU is able to get one...there's a warehouse in LAS next to their Tropicana location). They take that freshness thing pretty seriously.

Damn this thread...I'm now craving both a Double Double Animal style and an A-1 Thick n' Hearty Whataburger.

Last edited:
You have got to be sh$$ting me???

Dude, there is a reason people get into this business, and it really isn't about the pay any longer. If money is your goal, you are barking up the wrong tree.

If you enjoy working irregular hours, having more than 2 days off a week, flying, and travel, the choice is simple. BTW, at your age, you might consider joining the military, serving your country, having Uncle Sam pay for your flight training, and then pursuing an airline career. Just a thought?

Good luck.
Yep, that attitude doesn't hurt. Hey we would like you to take a pay cut, "OK I didn't care about the money anyway, my wife can just get a second job and I'll be able to keep fly the shiny E-120, man those baby's sure can fly"

No it doesn't. It would if you complain about the pay you receive after you applied and interviewed for a position and were aware of the pay before hand.

if you had no idea have tough and horrible the typical job is and took for granted the good things this job offers, that would also help you become a dick hole.
How about somebody that applied for a position that had good wages, because the pilots there before him had the balls to strike to get a good contract. But 2 years into the job the company went into BK, even though they were making 25,000,000, and the wages he saw were ripped away so they could equal the pay of a company where the pilot group is happy to have a job, and 24,000.00 is ok? Just wondering?

Last edited:
I have a friend that looked into it not too long ago...he wanted to start them up in the DFW area.

In-N-Out will not let just anyone open a franchise. You apparently have to be more connected than John Gotti...and the location has to be within x miles of an In-N-Out warehouse (thus the reason SGU is able to get one...there's a warehouse in LAS next to their Tropicana location). They take that freshness thing pretty seriously.

Damn this thread...I'm now craving both a Double Double Animal style and an A-1 Thick n' Hearty Whataburger.

Look at it this way. If all of the regional niche hamburger joints went national, all we'd have is more crappy cookie cutter Mc Donald's food.

You can't get In-N-Out out East, you can't get White Castles down South, you can't get Krystals up North (no big loss there), and you only find Whataburger in the Texas area. And that's the way it should stay!

Look at it this way. If all of the regional niche hamburger joints went national, all we'd have is more crappy cookie cutter Mc Donald's food.

You can't get In-N-Out out East, you can't get White Castles down South, you can't get Krystals up North (no big loss there), and you only find Whataburger in the Texas area. And that's the way it should stay!
Amen, John...amen. Dammit, now I want White Castle.

Latest resources

Back