• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help-Skywest or In and Out Burger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look at it this way. If all of the regional niche hamburger joints went national, all we'd have is more crappy cookie cutter Mc Donald's food.

You can't get In-N-Out out East, you can't get White Castles down South, you can't get Krystals up North (no big loss there), and you only find Whataburger in the Texas area. And that's the way it should stay!

Not true! Might have to look a little harder but:
http://www.whataburger.com/one_near_you.php

Whataburger...taint nuttin like that lime slush on a hot Texas night while looking for satellites with your woman on the hood of your pick-em-up parked out off of FM###.

Sticky:

First, you need to fire your accountant. You are getting hosed.

Second, YGBSM, you'd be happy making $24/k a year for the rest of your career? What do you want the company to do with all the money they'll be making off your hard work for all those years? Give it to the shareholders I suppose, or managment. But hey, at least you wont have all those job pressures you are avoiding by being a pilot.

Wow...your accountant knows how to avoid federal, state, and city income tax?!?!? Sign me up!

Apparently you are not gifted or blessed with the knowledge of sarcasm and metaphors. Of course $24k is not enough, but in when comparing a fast food job with airline flying, it's common place in our culture to exaggerate to make a point.

The reason why a burger joint may pay someone $100K after 5-10 years of managing is because they have too! It's so awful, that is the only way to keep people.

The reason why airlines start at $24k is because they can. It's so easy and just about anyone can do it, thats all it's worth.

Are you an idiot? Cuz you sure sound like one.

My mom says I isn't.

I want to thank you all for your replies. It seems many of you are good customers of the In and Out Burger and have reminded me of the great responsibility I have of feeding you low paid airline pilots (union and non-union) who can’t afford to eat elsewhere. Most of you indicated with strong reasoning that I should stay at the In and Out Burger and only a handful of you indicated I should consider the pilot profession for the simple reason that it is fun to fly.

As a professional fast food worker, I believe I have a moral responsibility to the passengers of you pilots who can only afford to eat meals at the In and Out Burger. I have great pride in my job because of this responsibility demand a fair wage for it. The In and Out Burger provides me with a fair wage in which I can actually rent an airplane every Sunday after church ( if I’m not hung over), and fly to someplace I want to fly to like Fresno (not). This fulfills my love of flying.

Really though,
Thanks for all who understand this post and get it. Thanks to the union and non-union professional pilots at airlines like Skywest and everywhere else that safely get their passengers and freight where they need to get every day. Let me leave you with this: Most of you can go out on the back porch of your rented apartment and grill a burger on your hand me down BBQ. But, can the hamburger man at your local fast food restaurant launch himself out of SLC in a state-of-the-art airliner in a January snow storm and safely deliver 70 weary passengers to some destination clear across this great country landing on a runway you have never seen before in ¼ vis.? You all are worth much, much, more.

Save Our Profession!

I want to thank you all for your replies. It seems many of you are good customers of the In and Out Burger and have reminded me of the great responsibility I have of feeding you low paid airline pilots (union and non-union) who can’t afford to eat elsewhere. Most of you indicated with strong reasoning that I should stay at the In and Out Burger and only a handful of you indicated I should consider the pilot profession for the simple reason that it is fun to fly.

As a professional fast food worker, I believe I have a moral responsibility to the passengers of you pilots who can only afford to eat meals at the In and Out Burger. I have great pride in my job because of this responsibility demand a fair wage for it. The In and Out Burger provides me with a fair wage in which I can actually rent an airplane every Sunday after church ( if I’m not hung over), and fly to someplace I want to fly to like Fresno (not). This fulfills my love of flying.

Really though,
Thanks for all who understand this post and get it. Thanks to the union and non-union professional pilots at airlines like Skywest and everywhere else that safely get their passengers and freight where they need to get every day. Let me leave you with this: Most of you can go out on the back porch of your rented apartment and grill a burger on your hand me down BBQ. But, can the hamburger man at your local fast food restaurant launch himself out of SLC in a state-of-the-art airliner in a January snow storm and safely deliver 70 weary passengers to some destination clear across this great country landing on a runway you have never seen before in ¼ vis.? You all are worth much, much, more.

Save Our Profession!

Was it just me or was that dripping with sarcasm...?

MMMMM....In and Out Burger...GOOD...VERY GOOD, espically with extra cheese, oh yeah!

I got into this thread too late but I made 120,000 last year in wages alone never mind total benefits. I flew about 960 hours for the year. You must make more than the corporate pilots at In and Out.

Latest resources

Back