• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hello Airtran! Thank You Lord!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome aboard !! I look forward to flying the line with ya !! You'll like it here.

I love that AirTran coffee and the Friday chips. "Its always Friday at AirTran"... LOL...

Sincerely... Welcome .... Tell your classmastes the line boys said Howdy.

"Substandard Pay:"

12th year Capt:

Airtran - $153

Continental - $144 (737-300/500)

United - $129 (A320/737)

US Airways - $125 (A320/737)

AWA - $138 (A320/757)

Jetblue - $139 (A320)

I noitced you "accidently" left out Southwest 737 pay, 12th year Capt - $182

AirTran Fanatic, you "may" want to apply there before you get too settled at AirTran.

410dude said:
It's nice to know that you had set such a lofty goal of ONLY wanting to fly for Airtran. Congrats and hope that it makes YOU happy. It's amazing now how airlines like Airtan are suddenly places where pilots have been waiting their entire career to get on with. I for one, have a much loftier goal than Airtran. Back in the good ole days, people couldn't wait to leave Airtran for a "real" airline.

In the 7+ years I've been at AirTran, nobody has ever had the balls to make comments like this to my face.

410dude, shouldn't you be out with your mom shopping for Back To School clothes.

propjob27 said:
True.

Compare bid backets, min days off, avg days off, and retirement.

Sure . . . let's compare retirements . . . time to upgrade, and ease of commute, while you're at it.

AirTran is not SWA, but I have been very happy here.

BTW, what's your problem with AirTran? Turn ya down, clown?

Last edited:
Fanatic--Congrats! Just remember, the 717 is a DC9 with bling. :) The systems are dirt-simple except for the avionics. You've got one big box called the VIA that runs everything. Generally, it works. If it doesn't, call a mechanic.

It's still my favorite airplane. You'll enjoy it.TC

propjob27 said:
I noitced you "accidently" left out Southwest 737 pay, 12th year Capt - $182

AirTran Fanatic, you "may" want to apply there before you get too settled at AirTran.

No Thanks. Not Interested. I have found my new home. :)

Way more to life than money... absolutely. Quality of life, work-rules, commuting, kids, wife, ....schwinging with Ty to get the foxes.... just to name a few.

AA717driver, The 717 is just an awesome machine in my opinion! Im looking forward to it!

Thanks FlyFast!
See all of you on the line!

Latest resources

Back