Hawker 800XP....snap rolled 3-4 times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It happens zero at ours.

I know for a fact that a bunch of Gulfstreams have been rolled to death. But for the most part, its the smaller jets that people seem to roll all the time.

44,000 planes have taken off in the past 24 hours. If you think that AT LEAST 200 of them were not rolled on a dead leg, you're being naive man. Think about south America and the rest of the world too.

BEfly, I am not saying that it does not happen. In fact at certain departments it may happen to the same plane over and over again all of the time, but I believe that reflects on the professionalism at each of those departments. I am saying where I work I know for a fact it does not happen, and I know plenty of other departments where it does not happen.

The only way you can know for a 100% fact that it doesn;'t happen at your flight department is if YOU go on every flight.

Fly, maybe I am naive as I have never seen it happen, and never heard it talked about, however I know the guys I work with, and they are not the type, I think it is safe to say that it happens at some places all the time, and at others hardly ever.

Half of you guys don't know the difference between a SNAP-ROLL, Slow Roll, or Barrel Roll.

I doubt the Hawker was "snapped"

"I'm just saying"

Half of you guys don't know the difference between a SNAP-ROLL, Slow Roll, or Barrel Roll.

I doubt the Hawker was "snapped"

"I'm just saying"

A said earlier in this thread, the co-pilot said that the captain was snapping it very abruptly and full left or right with the yoke. Not a textbook snap roll as one would do in an aerobatic plane. Bury the yoke in a rear corner with corresponding rudder, the tail may have broken off and possibly the inside wing from the negative G's imposed on it. The right wing on this plane is already bent beyond repair.

A said earlier in this thread, the co-pilot said that the captain was snapping it very abruptly and full left or right with the yoke. Not a textbook snap roll as one would do in an aerobatic plane. Bury the yoke in a rear corner with corresponding rudder, the tail may have broken off and possibly the inside wing from the negative G's imposed on it. The right wing on this plane is already bent beyond repair.

No negitive G in a positive snap. you should know that with your aerobatic experiance.

No negitive G in a positive snap. you should know that with your aerobatic experiance.

If he tried to do a snap roll in a Hawker I'm pretty sure that right wing would have been more bent than it was, thats what I'm saying. He did the rolls to the left, that right wing was bent downward, as in NEGATIVE G loading. A Hawker cannot do a true snap roll, but if tried, you might snap that wing off.

One more thing. An aileron roll in a Lear on the glide slope with no more than a dot of deflection? BS. First of all I don't buy anybody is stupid enough to try to roll an airplane while on an ILS. The one dot deflection is just frosting on a BS story. If you're gonna tell a tall tale you might as well go big and you certainly did that, but you went too far. I'm not buying it for one second unless the guys last name was Hoover.

I believe this one. The lear has a fast rate of roll. None of the YouTube videos show someone trying a high rate lear roll.

The owner of one company I worked for rolled right after take off at about two hundred and fifty feet. By the time I realized what he was doing we were already upside down.

Another company I worked for used the Lear on a military contract for radar training and some air combat maneuvering. If the tiptanks are empty the airplane can be maneuvered very aggressively in roll without damaging the airframe.

It would be interesting to do in a wind tunnel. Swept wing stalls are reportedly violent because they don't develop in a prdictable fashion like a wing with washout or stall strips. I'd also bet on at least one compressor stall. It might even deep-stall and go downhill tail-first. noooo thanks

Latest resources

Back