• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker 800XP....snap rolled 3-4 times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crew and passengers not injured but lists only two crew? I am sticking with 91 and his photos on this as long as he does not try to sell me any Mona Vie. If that damage was due to landing then that would have been one hell of a landing and I am not so sure they would have been able to keep it on the runway.

The point is that this damage did not happen last week; it happened last year. The damage shown in the pictures is described in the accident report from 2008. From the accident report:

"After landing the crew taxied the airplane to the hanger and did not report the occurrence. Maintenance personnel noticed substantial damage to the fuselage and wings while performing routine maintenance...ICAO NOTE (ASCEND): Insurance report says March 4 and includes a damage survey dated March 5. Maybe March 28 was when it was reported to the authorities. Raytheon has apparently said that the extent of the damage to the fuselage makes it unrepairable."

Apparently someone has since decided that it is repairable and the airplane has been ferried to FXE. The damage happened LAST YEAR between Toluca and Monterrey, not between Mexico and FXE. So the story about the Mexican Captain and how the owner was so surprised when the plane taxiied in last week at FXE is BS.

Well aware of when it took place but I don't believe the photos and accounts of what might or might not have happened were out there for us to postulate. You may have noticed from time to time that news stories surface or resurface when “facts” change or new information becomes available. In addition, the point you made questioned that the aircraft actually rolled. Add to that the fact that your original information states the aircraft was deemed irreparable which is in question if the photos 91 provided are current and your recent information is correct. I feel like avbugs son… Not a bad thing I guess…

Last edited:
I guess I should have explained myself better. It's just that there are so many inaccuracies in the original story that it is difficult to believe any of it.

The original story was:

"STORY. This is what I was told by the people that were there when the plane rolled in. They are employees of the FBO and know the owner and everyone involved.

It came from Mexico back to FXE, the captain that flew it back was a licensed Mexican pilot, no FAA licenses or ratings. Captain was hired as a contract pilot just for this trip. The co-pilot was from here and he was also just used as a contract pilot to get the plane back here.
When they got back to FXE where the owner was waiting, of course they flipped out as the plane rolled into parking. The captain or the co-pilot had no idea YET of the damage that was caused. When asked, "what the F$CK happened?" He apparently at some point said he made a hard landing. YET, the tires and gear were perfect. The FAA and insurance company had questioned them on what happened and they stuck to that story for 9 days. Finally, the co-pilot talked (good for him BTW). He said the Mexican guy wanted to snap roll it...not aileron roll it....SNAP ROLL it like a Pitts. Fuel wing fuel too, moron. Supposedly it was done 3-4 times. By this time, when the co-pilot talked, the captain had gone back to Mexico. Not sure yet what the FAA is going to do with the co-pilot though. He'll probably get a pass, he was just flying with a scumbag captain. He should have smacked him in the mouth and took the controls. But, thats just me.

Its being fixed I guess and returning to service. I heard it was very low-time and only a few years old. Not sure on that. I certainly wouldn't fly it after seeingwhat I saw, no way.

Maybe someone with more accurate or detailed info can chime in."

First, the damage occurred on a flight between Toluca and Monterrey, not between Mexico and FXE. Second, the damage occurred over a year ago, not within the last couple of weeks. Third, according to the registration records, the airplane changed hands in September of 2008 when World Jet purchased it. I don't believe the owner was standing there furious about the condition of the airplane when it taxiied in at FXE since the damage occurred before he purchased it. Fourth, the story says that the Captain was from Mexico and he had no FAA licenses whatsoever. He would have to have an FAA license to fly an N registered aircraft unless there was some arrangement made between the DGAC and the FAA. Fifth, the story gives the aircraft's age as a few years while it was built in 1987. Sixth, the FAA isn't going to do anything to the Captain or FO unless either they were flying it a year ago when the damage occurred or they flew it from Mexico to FXE in an unairworthy condition.

So I guess my problem is that since almost every other element of the story is either wrong or very doubtful why believe the roll part? The more likely story is that the new owner purchased the airplane and planned to repair it so they had it ferried back to FXE for repairs.

who cares? It got rolled, maybe it did, maybe not. Maybe 10 zillion jets get rolled a day, maybe not

who gives a rats a$$

maybe the story is true, maybe not. Maybe the NTSB investigates only accidents. Maybe the Captain got violated.

maybe bigfoot exists, and aliens are in deep freeze at Area 51. maybe pink monkeys will fly out of my butt

i think we should continue this stupid thread for another 10 pages

Last edited:
Does anyone have the S/N? I think I used to fly this airplane.

Latest resources

Back