• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker 800 XP Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You say that you are fairly expirenced, but do not appear to have any type ratings. Not that is a problem, but unless you have been through the drill it will not be as easy as you seem to think given your original post.

The price is the same weather you have 6 types or none.

Whatever the case is, do not purchase your own type. Makes it more difficult for all of us out here trying to keep the bar high.

Good luck.

PS If I assumed incorrectly then my appologies.

$18,600 = SimCom's Hawker series initial for 2007 .

15 days for type rating then 4 hrs. of 800XP differences ground training at the end.

No way I would do this. If you are going to be flying an XP then you want to do the training in an XP sim. After all if you are really paying for it yourself, you want the best training. Why would you spend 15 days learning an airplane that you are not going to fly. Yes it is the same type but there are differences and I would want more than some 4 hour class on them. Besides someone said that SIMCOM does not have a level D sim, that right there would steer me away from them.

I know when I went through initial at Simuflite we had XP and 800 guys in the class together. You can learn enough about the 800 that way and fly the XP sim.

Remember you get what you pay for too. That goes for everything in life. It is your choice but do you want a KIA or a Caddy?

I just returned from FSI 800XP Initial last week witch lasted 17 days. I thought the training was great. I not sure exactly what it costs (somewhere around 30K I’d guess) plus hotel, meals, ect. Not that its any of my business but, I hope your salary is off the chart to offset the cost of training if you are footing the bill. Good Luck.

No way I would do this. If you are going to be flying an XP then you want to do the training in an XP sim. After all if you are really paying for it yourself, you want the best training. Why would you spend 15 days learning an airplane that you are not going to fly. Yes it is the same type but there are differences and I would want more than some 4 hour class on them. Besides someone said that SIMCOM does not have a level D sim, that right there would steer me away from them.

I know when I went through initial at Simuflite we had XP and 800 guys in the class together. You can learn enough about the 800 that way and fly the XP sim.

Remember you get what you pay for too. That goes for everything in life. It is your choice but do you want a KIA or a Caddy?

The training at Simcom is just as good if not better than the other two. (not taking away from them). The facilities are nice, and you get way more than you pay for. There is ZERO attrition with the instructors. ALL of the guys I know there have been there since the beginning. Just my two cents.

I understand your point of view but why would you spend another $12K just so you can get a Level-D XP sim? The cockpit is basically the same layout. The only big difference are the engines (which doesn't mean really anything while flying a sim).

As far as a Level C or D, who gives a hoot?!?! Level C sim is a full-motion sim that allows you to do everything to pass a type check. Just because it doesn't have a wrap around visual shouldn't matter since your only there to perform emergency/abnormal procedures anyway. Who cares what it looks like "outside".

FSI is way overpriced for what you get, especially if you're having to pay for it yourself.

In the end, aren't we all ending up with the same thing on the certificate anyway???

The training at Simcom is just as good if not better than the other two. (not taking away from them). The facilities are nice, and you get way more than you pay for. There is ZERO attrition with the instructors. ALL of the guys I know there have been there since the beginning. Just my two cents.

Well I used to fly with one of the instructors there, at least he said he was an instructor there, and I would not want him teaching me how to fly a 172.

I understand your point of view but why would you spend another $12K just so you can get a Level-D XP sim? The cockpit is basically the same layout. The only big difference are the engines (which doesn't mean really anything while flying a sim).

As far as a Level C or D, who gives a hoot?!?! Level C sim is a full-motion sim that allows you to do everything to pass a type check. Just because it doesn't have a wrap around visual shouldn't matter since your only there to perform emergency/abnormal procedures anyway. Who cares what it looks like "outside".

FSI is way overpriced for what you get, especially if you're having to pay for it yourself.

In the end, aren't we all ending up with the same thing on the certificate anyway???

Well just read an above post that stated that someone went through SIMCOM and had a restriction on his ticket.

I am not saying go to FSI anyway. I know they are overpriced. I would go to Simuflite.

I have attended all three schools for the Hawker, I recomend SimuFlite! FSI is also very good but more expensive. FSI also expects you to be able to build the airplane for the type. CAE just wants you to be able to fly it. It has been several years since I have attended Simcom, but I would recomend going somewhere else.

I also agree with others about going to school for the model you will be flying, including avionics specific.

And why is it again your paying for your type??!!

flight saftey is very expensive but they are very good at what they do and very personal
But in saying so I have only gone to the facility at ICT
so I can not speak for the other places or anybody else
in fact I just finished recurrent there tonight and the Sim was one of the new electric ones for the 850 and it flew very well (for a Sim)

Latest resources

Back