• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker 800 XP Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy crap, you are worried about a Hawker rating! I will speak the truth. my fiancee is a contract pilot. The phone rings 3 or 4 times a day for a trip, he makes 14,000 dollars a month! Why on earth would you not say no this great opportunity!

800/xp

My self having been to all three schools, can vouch for SimCom. And yes I reach at SimCom, hey DEP676 who was pilot you flew with ? just curious. Do you still fly for FLOPS? Anyway, the sim at SimCom is one of the best flying level "C's" ive been in.and like the earlier post the avionics is the same Z-2000 Honeywell.

So their ya go, just my nickel's worth. And why are you paying for your type??

Cheer's P3

No way I would do this. If you are going to be flying an XP then you want to do the training in an XP sim. After all if you are really paying for it yourself, you want the best training. Why would you spend 15 days learning an airplane that you are not going to fly. Yes it is the same type but there are differences and I would want more than some 4 hour class on them. Besides someone said that SIMCOM does not have a level D sim, that right there would steer me away from them.

I know when I went through initial at Simuflite we had XP and 800 guys in the class together. You can learn enough about the 800 that way and fly the XP sim.

Remember you get what you pay for too. That goes for everything in life. It is your choice but do you want a KIA or a Caddy?

If you desire a certain kind of instruction then the schools are definitely different, but from experience (both Simcom and Simuflite) I would not worry about the sim at all. We do our 700/800XP recurrent at Simcom, and while I would prefer Simuflite where we do our 1000 training, the cost differences are substantial.

We don't even fly the straight 800 and learning in that sim is no issue. As another poster said, the panel is exactly the same with the honeywell stuff, with only very minor differences in switch placement. Believe me, if our guys can get typed in an 800a sim and fly 700s and XPs out of the gate anybody can do an 800 to XP with even less issues. D, C...whatever, just sign the type.

My self having been to all three schools, can vouch for SimCom. And yes I reach at SimCom, hey DEP676 who was pilot you flew with ? just curious. Do you still fly for FLOPS? Anyway, the sim at SimCom is one of the best flying level "C's" ive been in.and like the earlier post the avionics is the same Z-2000 Honeywell.

So their ya go, just my nickel's worth. And why are you paying for your type??

Cheer's P3

This was before Options and I am not at liberty to say ones name. I never really knew if they worked at SimCom or not. Can only go by what they said.

Also I am guessing you mean you teach at SimCom, not reach. So you would be the one that would know. I just have never heard good things about the place. So if I was paying for it myself, that is a whole different issue, I would not go where I did not know much about. I am still a firm believer you get what you pay for.

I have been to all three and like them all. The big difference is the amount of money they charge. SimCom changed, for the better, when they merged with PanAm. Most of the people I hear put down SimCom have never been there. You can sometimes get a bad instructor at amy school.

SimCom

There are no restrictions placed on your license at SimCom. I went through then entire initial there myself a few years ago.

Maybe the restriction he mentioned was for a "SIC Privilages Only" type rating, which, depending upon you are dealing with, will also place on your license a "Circling Approaches - VMC Only" restriction.

Don't quite understand the logic behind this but that's a different topic.

It also depends if you are going for the Proline 21 setup.... you have no choice but FSI either at ICT or ILG. All the new hawkers - 850, 750 and 900 are PL21 equipped and it is a whole new world compared to the Honeywell in the older XP's. Don't let someone convince you of "differences" because although the aircraft is basically the same and flies the same the avionics need ground up instruction so you know what is going on.

Been to both FSI and Simuflite.... preferred FSI less war stories more emphasis on training, my 2 cents.

Gang, please stop the "why are you paying for your type......" question.

I'm just doing a little research for a company to save a little $. Thats all, ok?

Anyway thanks for all of the input its been very helpful.

- DP

I do have to agree on the 'war stories' issue mentioned at Simuflite. I heard waaaayyyyyyy to many of those during my 'Initial' training last month. I can see it somewhat during a 'Recurrent' training as everyone should already know what the aircraft is about. However, during 'Initial' it should be all about the 'training' since you are brand new to the aircraft. During my Oral, the examiner did not care about any 'war stories', he only wanted correct and direct answeres to his questions.

what miss kitty didn't say was that its over ten thousand dollars for recurrent and most insurance cos are only allowing one year between recurrent and not the two that the feds want
for two different a/c

Latest resources

Back