• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Having pioneered the abuse of ALPA merger policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess I meant that "tongue in cheek". Sorry if I offended you. One quick question though as it appears you might fly for United... If I was hired by Continental before the SIL, would I be senior to the furloughed UAL guys? I'd hate to get hired and then have to have furloughed guys come in on top of me for forever.

You did not offend me, I just found your choice of words interesting when combined with an apparent desire to work for United.

As others have mentioned, the furloughees will be senior to anyone hired after the MAD.

Good God! How did you people ever recognize sarcasm before smilies? AirMike got through telling he made a comment tongue in cheek, then promptly hooked you again.

Didn't realize he needs his girlfriend to point out his humor.

For the love of God man...please read a few of the awards! The awards always reference the MAD, not what happened later on. If you want to say the CAL furloughees were right-sized for the merger, no problem. If you want to say all furloughees should be in their own category I would disagree, but at least there is some thought behind it. To try justify that UAL active pilots with no furlough time are behind CAL furloughees and then deny you have any furloughees is just plain irrational. At MAD in 2010, you had furloughees. It is a simple fact and one that even your Merger committee has agreed to. Have you been so brainwashed by your side that you can't sort out rhetoric from fact? -Mil

Upon further review, you are correct about the MAD. There is definitely a windfall there for the 147 furloughed CAL pilots and it was obviously done to protect that group. That most certainly needs to be corrected. All pilots from either side should be put ahead of all furloughed pilots which was my original contention. Hopefully, this will be addressed in the final proposal. My apologies for my earlier comments.

Latest resources

Back