Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Have you ever had a captain (or FO) that makes up his own procedures?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This one should be interesting. I hear all kinds of stories of captains (or FO's) that like to make up their own procedures and have these (at least in their mind) rationalizations for making up their own procedures. Anyone?

Call me paranoid, but I think you're management at a regional and are looking for inflight violations being commited andtrying to address them as a "fellow pilot."

Your tone is the same as that soverytired guy.

I understand that you're trying to protect your compa y from lawsuits or perhaps trying to rat someone out if you can identify them.

Apologies if I am way too paranoid.

Nope not management. And this thread has completely turned to muck. There could have been some good and funny stories but as is typical you can't do that on FI. You guys need to shut your month if your you not going to add anything worth while.

This could have been an entertaining thread, but now it's just stupid.

Agree typical....I wonder if all these cowboys would be talking like this face to face?

How's this:

Anyone who's flown the DHC-8 knows that there's a knob in the front where you can open the outflow valve and differential pressure would vent the cockpit.

While not a "procedure" per se, I think the expected (yet not written down) action was to casually lean forward an open that sucker after letting one rip.

(or not, if you didn't like the guy you were flying with :) )

Professionals don't change the way they operate with a Fed on board....

The mask rule is in part to TUC but also work load. If one doesn't have the mask on and there is a Rapid Decompression, searching for the mask, and putting it on is time away from controlling the jet.

Pilots who don't wear the mask while the other takes a LAV break are UNprofessional....

The FAA has a program so that CIV pilots can visit MIL altitude chambers. It cost a day off and some $$$, but being professional is about service and a little sacrifice..

http://www.faa.gov/pilots/training/airman_education/aerospace_physiology/

Professionals don't change the way they operate with a Fed on board....

The mask rule is in part to TUC but also work load. If one doesn't have the mask on and there is a Rapid Decompression, searching for the mask, and putting it on is time away from controlling the jet.

Pilots who don't wear the mask while the other takes a LAV break are UNprofessional....

The FAA has a program so that CIV pilots can visit MIL altitude chambers. It cost a day off and some $$$, but being professional is about service and a little sacrifice..

http://www.faa.gov/pilots/training/airman_education/aerospace_physiology/

Finally some reasoning skills. You know having a Fed in jumpseat and pulling a stunt like that is bound to get him prying for some other "non standard" things like elapsed AD's etc. Could cause more trouble for your brothers and sisters at the airline.

It's gone on 2 pages now.

Just put the mask on, and take it off when the pilot gets back from the sh*tter.

Jeez, was that hard?

Just call me "UNprofessional" then.

What is your TUC?

I can see it now.... Flight Level ...whatever... eating pizza on your lap as Captn' Whats-His-Nuts is taking extra time after his LAV break to chat it up with the new hire Southern Belle who thought there was still romance in aviation....

Meanwhile you're stuck up front trying to eat your pizza with a Waffle House reject who is awe stuck at all the flat screen TV's, switches and knobs....

When the Rapid Decomp hits.... you're my hero! After the mist clears.... the big question is... 'where is the mask!! But more importantly!! Where's my pizza!!'

It's mystic pizza!!

:beer:

Latest resources

Back