• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has it really come to this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A buddy just told me that he met a chick at the MIA Aeroservice job fair and she has 800 total time, maybe 150 in King Airs, No college and No FE written or even an A&P. She was hired by Arrow on the DC8 as an FE. Asked to sign a two year contract, then was called by Kalitta to be an FE on the 747. Apparently they (Kalitta) told her she would be an FO in about six months. She is on her way to DEN to interview but because she will be hired initially as an FE, there will be no Sim. I am seriously having a hard time believeing all this. Either she is full of **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, my friend is, or Arrow and Kalitta are really REALLY desperate. If any of this is true all you wannabes out there should start calling. I would say however that getting through a DC8/747 FE course is highly unlikey with such low time. What a crazy biz.

Ren,

Two points to consider, 1) She's a woman 2) If she resides in Miami, there is a good chance she is a member of a minority group.

The government loves to see companies hire from these groups, especially those who do a lot of work for the government like Arrow and Kalitta.

I would just congratulate her and let it go.

...that or marry her :)

CommanderHoek said:
A buddy just told me that he met a chick at the MIA Aeroservice job fair and she has 800 total time, maybe 150 in King Airs, No college and No FE written or even an A&P. She was hired by Arrow on the DC8 as an FE. Asked to sign a two year contract, then was called by Kalitta to be an FE on the 747. Apparently they (Kalitta) told her she would be an FO in about six months. She is on her way to DEN to interview but because she will be hired initially as an FE, there will be no Sim. I am seriously having a hard time believeing all this. Either she is full of **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, my friend is, or Arrow and Kalitta are really REALLY desperate. If any of this is true all you wannabes out there should start calling. I would say however that getting through a DC8/747 FE course is highly unlikey with such low time. What a crazy biz.

CommanderHoek,

She may only have 800TT, barely 150 hours in King Airs, no college, no FE written and no A&P. But, she also has 121 experience when she flew for United. That's what got her the job.

This is unbelievable!!! With 800 TT anyone is over qualified for Arrow.

How much time do you think someone should have before they become a FE for a bottom feeder? This was the norm in the 90's. Do you think a company like Arrow cares about a college degree? Do you think the getting a FE ticket is that hard and that you need lots of exprience???

Last edited:
Sounds like a perfect candidate to me. When I flew freight, the company loved pilots with a skeleton in the closet. DUI,etc. Meant they couldn't go anywhere else and would bend over for the company just for giving them the job. She has no college so she not a threat to leave and go to some other airline.

Doesn't sound too unrealistic. Wasn't that the average United newhire back in the late 90's?? :eek:

Last edited:
Welcome to aviation

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back