• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has Delta Called You Yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How bad is it for a new-hire at Delta to commute to MCO or TPA? I am sure there are plenty of people doing that!!

How bad is it for a new-hire at Delta to commute to MCO or TPA? I am sure there are plenty of people doing that!!

Not bad, since getting the jumpseat is not based on seniority, it is based on who can dial faster on the phone. There are deadlines when you can get the jumpseat on the phone, and a lot of pilots have their wives, kids, etc do it for them if they are flying. You just have to be ready. Or, you can show up at the gate and request one too, and again, it is not based on seniority like other airlines. First one to get it wins.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Anyone currently at Delta hear how they are going to pick people? for example, each airline seems to have a certain way ( at the current time) they are selecting pilots for interviews..... ie CAL, internal rec ALONG with that pilot going in to talk about you.....I know its early in the process at Delta, but has anyone heard any internal talk of how they may pick people? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Anyone currently at Delta hear how they are going to pick people? for example, each airline seems to have a certain way ( at the current time) they are selecting pilots for interviews..... ie CAL, internal rec ALONG with that pilot going in to talk about you.....I know its early in the process at Delta, but has anyone heard any internal talk of how they may pick people? Thanks in advance!

I would imagine the first 200 pilots will be former interns/employees and son's/daughters of current pilots. Once they get thru that group, maybe they will interview pilots with real flight time.

I would imagine the first 200 pilots will be former interns/employees and son's/daughters of current pilots. Once they get thru that group, maybe they will interview pilots with real flight time.

Have you seen the requirements? 4 year degree and at least 1000 hours of pilot in command time. What is your idea of a real flight time?

Have you seen the requirements? 4 year degree and at least 1000 hours of pilot in command time. What is your idea of a real flight time?

Delta does not require 1000 PIC. It requires 1200tt, and 1000 of turboprop/turbofan.

What do I mean by real flight time? I would say someone who has at least 1000 PIC at a 121 Carrier, or 135 Operator. There will be those that have never flown left seat and will be hired because of whose kid they are, or who they know. Every airline has this. Just part of the game. Is it fair? Not at all. That's just the way it is.

More power to them.

Last edited:
From what I have been told the average pilot with no major internal lor's will need about 5000-7000 ttl and at least 1000 PIC turbine. If you have a few internal recs then all of that is out the window. They made the mins low so they could get young friends and family in first.

Latest resources

Back