• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has Delta Called You Yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because you never know, I was hired by a airline in late '87 that had just come off a strike, just left BK, and just put together a 3 airline merger. 18 years later my number holds Jr wid-body Capt at a half decent carrier when you hold it up for comparison.

That year-
If I had gone to EAL?
If I had gone to US air?
If I had gone to AA?
If I had gone to TWA?
If I had gone to NWA?
If I had gone to PanAm?

In this career you just won't know until you get to the finish line.

You certainly are right about that my friend. Congratulations to you on making a good choice (or maybe a lucky one). I have many friends who went to all those others you listed and they got hurt. I'm making a move to something that looks like a sure shot, but you never know!

Yep, just got a call from Plato... Wants to interview me for the cafeteria position they got just open up. I guess Theo finally took the call-back at Northwest!

Why is everyone about to wet their pants over an interview with a bankrupt airline who has had pilots on furlough for five years, gave the ones they didn't furlough a huge paycut, and treats everyone they do business with like crap?
Seriously, is that who you want to work for?

That kind of treatment is Royalty compared to working at ASA...

Last edited:
CJA,

Maybe waking up on a layover in Vencie, Italy is better than waking up in Dothan, AL? Of course Venice probably doesn't have a Waffle House (Awful House)...... But hey, you may love Dothan.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Waking up in Dothan ain't all that bad... I doubt Venice has a Books a Million next door to the hotel, a Hooters within a stone's throw, and the women... Oh my god... Those Alabama women are goood lookin'. And smart too.

Good Luck to those trying.

In all seriousness, I'd wouldn't expect any calls for another 2-3 weeks. The remaining bubbas on furlough have till mid January to reply yup or nope as to whether they are returning. From there they'll have a better idea as to how many they'll need. But, they may interview a few and have them ready for a Feb/march class.

If you have no other gigs or if you are in the right seat of any RJ somewhere, it may be worth the gamble. You'll exceed the left seat RJ pay in year two. If we survive the merger mania intact things have to get better.

From what I heard you are right on. First interviews will be in a few weeks with early March class dates.

CJA,

Maybe waking up on a layover in Vencie, Italy is better than waking up in Dothan, AL? Of course Venice probably doesn't have a Waffle House (Awful House)...... But hey, you may love Dothan.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I am sure wakeing up in Venice, Italy with a 50% pay cut is alot of fun. go for it. It's all yours.

Latest resources

Back