• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hardship

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The events happened very quickly, and by the time I thought about going around it was too late.

This is all that is mentioned about going around, no one stated a Go around is not an option. I do believe the situation highlights experience. I'm not squeaking them on every day but with 4000 hours in the plane the REAL bad ones are few and far between. Usually when I do prang one on its after one of those 4 hour commutes and a 14 hour duty day.

mckpickle said:
This is all that is mentioned about going around, no one stated a Go around is not an option.

From the NTSB Report:

According to the first officer:
"…We arrived into the Roanoke area approximately 9:45 PM, and began a visual approach to runway 33. The captain briefed that a go-around was not an option due to hills on the other side of the runway. "

Hey, that's what she said.

China Clipper, your an ass! MESADORK! What is that about. You don't know me so don't judge me. I reviewed all of my posts and I never said I am doing just fine. In fact, if you go back and take a look I am actually asking for advice or at least trying to get perspective. The only thing I said was that I had the attitude part covered. You have some preconcieved notion that is mixed in with all of the other crap that is going on at mesa. Respect is earned not given (and that goes both ways)! As far as I am concerned you have a lot of earning to do regardless of your rank.

Capt Caveman'
I'm not sure how you could say I sound like a right seat capt. Can you please let me know what I have said or done to truly give cause for you to think that.

I think your attitude sucks. How dare you come on this board and start smack with people who paid dues just like you did to get where they are.

Where is the smack talk? If I did anything it was hitting the wrong button and posting a new thread accidentially! It started out as some CFI/II talking about job stealers and ab-initios not paying there dues etc. (to much BS to go into fully)

As far as respect goes...I dont know you but you obviously would get some just for being the/a capt. as a person I would have to wait and see. BTW write ups go both ways and as I said in one of the previous posts I've got the attitude covered. I know I dont know everything about everything. I'm certain I know less than you about aviation etc. however, I'm not an idiot and I have a lot of experience outside of aviation that will aid me along the way. In addition, I also know there is always something to learn (half the battle in my estimation)!!!
As far as embarrasing anyone thats just not the case your friend China Clipper did that (see his incoreect and idiotic post).
I worked hard to build that program as well, so I feel the same type of ownership that you do. In additon, I'm not sure why I need to show humility. I didnt say I was God's gift to aviation or anything close so maybe you could give me a little slack and not jump to conclusions.
As for Freedom I am so far down the list its a non-issue. Anyways I would like to get the stick time in the 1900 to be that non right seat, humble, proficiant (even if I cant spell) pilot!
I look forward to your response:D

I stand corrected on the go around issue. BTW no comments on the box office thing hu! Oh and MESA jock, dont get so worked up. How are you ever going to be a crusty old captain if you start out as a bitter F/O. You may not have to "pay your dues" to fly but you certainly have to to b1tch!

Whats an ab-initio?

I used to loathe the folks who were always squawking, "You gotta pay your dues" etc. However as I was placed in various situations at low time (right seat on CE-550, right seat on a Merlin IV, right seat on a Commander) I realized in that time that I was in something way over my head at my experience level. I hadn't had the experiences I needed to even operate as an effective first officer in these situations. It was fun and I learned a lot but I think I'm going to learn a lot more teaching. I could tell that their decision making abilities were far more developed than mine. The most important thing is that I can't get the experience and confidence from someone else I have to build it in me.

RT

Bla Bla

GET A LIFE !!!!!! we all only had 300hrs at one time or another.Who cares!! If your not used to the airplane by 200hrs in type go sell real estate!

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?

Just kidding. Don't know if you were or not. The airplane isn't the issue. In 200 hours I could probably fly a 747 really well. I could also kill a lot of folks because I didn't have the experience to go with it when it came to operating it safetly in real world usage.

RT

Re: Bla Bla

Sam Adams said:
GET A LIFE !!!!!! we all only had 300hrs at one time or another.Who cares!! If your not used to the airplane by 200hrs in type go sell real estate!

Sam is one of those "Salty 'ol dogs" we all love some much.

Ignore him RT. Good post. I think most of us know what you were saying.

Latest resources

Back