Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hard work doesn't pay in Avation, unless you're a U.N.D. Grad!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mtnjam said:
For those of you who have difficulties with my training strategies, please keep in mind I do train "Military" Pilots. Yes Military Pilots!! My civilian students do not get this treatment. If you haven't trained a Military Pilot, then you have no understanding of what my job entails.
You only knock military pilots in the back of the head with the clipboard, eh?

As it happens, I DO have quite a bit of experience teaching military pilots. I've taught quite a few pedestrians to fly Air Force jets, and I can't think of a SINGLE, SOLITARY time where your described method was appropriate, or would have been effective. All I have left to say on the matter is you're pretty darn lucky you haven't had that thing shoved right back in your face. Maybe one day you'll forget and try that on a civilian student, and we'll read about the results on the NTSB site.

TonyC said:
You only knock military pilots in the back of the head with the clipboard, eh?

As it happens, I DO have quite a bit of experience teaching military pilots. I've taught quite a few pedestrians to fly Air Force jets, and I can't think of a SINGLE, SOLITARY time where your described method was appropriate, or would have been effective. All I have left to say on the matter is you're pretty darn lucky you haven't had that thing shoved right back in your face. Maybe one day you'll forget and try that on a civilian student, and we'll read about the results on the NTSB site.
Agree with all above, except my thousands of hours was instructing Navy and Marine Corps students. We had a few instructors like Mtnjam until they were relieved by the C.O. - we don't have time or money for that kind of unprofessional demeanor.

350DRIVER said:
You are always going to have these ERAU & UND "kids" willing to fly for the poverty wages at the regionals after spending $120,000 + of daddy's money...

3 5 0

You can't say University of North Dakota and Embry - Riddle Aeronautical University in the same sentence. UND is a legitimate University with real entrance requirements; Embry - Riddle is where you go when you can't get into college.

Muddy

Mtnjam said:
For those of you who have difficulties with my training strategies, please keep in mind I do train "Military" Pilots. Yes Military Pilots!! My civilian students do not get this treatment. If you haven't trained a Military Pilot, then you have no understanding of what my job entails. Thankyou and enough said...... I can't believe this Thread is still going on,and on and on and on.
Soloed three Air Force IFT 2LTs, and passed one on his Final Prog before his checkride. I've gotten a few instrument current, and checked a couple out in company aircraft. All were suprisingly humble, especially the ex-Naval aviator with 3000+ helo time and 2000+ T-34 instructor time that just wanted a 172 checkout. None of them needed corporal punishment in the airplane.

Been there, done that, got that t-shirt. There are thousands of major and regional airline captains that "train" military pilots too, once they hit the civvy side. What do you want, a cookie?

Pilots are losers

I have been reading this web page for almost 10 years..... 80% of the people on this board are huge losers... including the resume writer gal, and GulfStream 2000 ( I've seen some pretty bad threads ripping on other people).

Mtnjam, don't ask many people on here for advise. I mean, C'mon, look at the response gulfstream 2000 gave you.....What a self righteous POS.... obviously you can see what spending too much time in a cockpit will do to your social skills... Your want to work with someone like that!!!!! HE IS A HUGE LOSER.... I wouldn't hire him to fly my HS 125... EVER!!!!!! I only come here when I'm bored off my arse!!!

Later Losers, hope your pay check treats you well

-Ronin, out

Constructive comments v. constructive comments

The above comments certainly were constructive and furthered the discussion. Why don't you offer something positive to offset all the negativity?

The fact that Resume Writer has garnered so many testimonials says everything about her abilities and expertise. As we say in law, res ipsa loquitor, or "the thing speaks for itself."

Mtnjam,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I've been out flying for a living. BTW, you aren't flying for a living so pay attention numbnuts. You posted :

"The former Marine who replied to this post, is obviously a Marine Officer who never scrubbed **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**te rs as a Private or cleaned blades of grass with a tooth brush because bootprints were on them. That's OK, because I train the newly graduated Ensons and Marine Lt's that are soon to go to Pensacola FL. to try and be a fighter jock. I understand their modes of thinking! Officer mentality!! "

You couldn't be more wrong. First of all, if you were really in the Marine Corps you would have known I was an enlisted Marine by the way I signed the post. FWIW, my bio is almost identical to yours with one minor exception, I have a successful flying career going. You do not. I too dropped out of high school, poor parents, no cash, minor legal problems, dysfunction, etc, etc. SO FREAKING WHAT! Nobody cares. I joined the Marine Corps when I was barely 18 and the Corps squared my ass away and turned me into something useful instead of some whiny kid that's still blaming the world for his own lack of accomplishment. Toughen up buttercup and take charge of your life. Stop blaming your failures on bad luck, little rich kids or whatever else you can come up with. You are the only person on the planet responsible for your life. Either you decide to be succesful or you'll just be another airline wannabe crying about how you could have been a contender. Unless something drastically changes in your attitude you'll never be succesful at anything.

Get your head out of yer ass, pull your panties up and stop **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ing crying!

Caveman said:
Mtnjam,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I've been out flying for a living. BTW, you aren't flying for a living so pay attention numbnuts. You posted :

"The former Marine who replied to this post, is obviously a Marine Officer who never scrubbed **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**te rs as a Private or cleaned blades of grass with a tooth brush because bootprints were on them. That's OK, because I train the newly graduated Ensons and Marine Lt's that are soon to go to Pensacola FL. to try and be a fighter jock. I understand their modes of thinking! Officer mentality!! "

You couldn't be more wrong. First of all, if you were really in the Marine Corps you would have known I was an enlisted Marine by the way I signed the post. FWIW, my bio is almost identical to yours with one minor exception, I have a successful flying career going. You do not. I too dropped out of high school, poor parents, no cash, minor legal problems, dysfunction, etc, etc. SO FREAKING WHAT! Nobody cares. I joined the Marine Corps when I was barely 18 and the Corps squared my ass away and turned me into something useful instead of some whiny kid that's still blaming the world for his own lack of accomplishment. Toughen up buttercup and take charge of your life. Stop blaming your failures on bad luck, little rich kids or whatever else you can come up with. You are the only person on the planet responsible for your life. Either you decide to be succesful or you'll just be another airline wannabe crying about how you could have been a contender. Unless something drastically changes in your attitude you'll never be succesful at anything.

Get your head out of yer ass, pull your panties up and stop **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ing crying!

I don't know about mtnjam, but I'm convinced you're a marine! I love it!

Muddauber said:
You can't say University of North Dakota and Embry - Riddle Aeronautical University in the same sentence. UND is a legitimate University with real entrance requirements; Embry - Riddle is where you go when you can't get into college.

Muddy

Ahhh....WTF? I think a Bachelor's Degree is the same....They're both accredited universities. If anything, Embry-Riddle is the place you go if you dont want to freeze your balls off during the winter. I'd take the mountains of AZ over the crap ponds and continuously flooding rivers of ND any day.

Signed....accepted at UND but went to ERAU anyways...

Latest resources

Back