Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hard work doesn't pay in Avation, unless you're a U.N.D. Grad!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mtnjam said:
All I know is that the Pilot industry is crazy! I am the definition of "the black sheep" and I love it. My students get elbows in their gut and clip boards in the back of their heads when they don't listen and not only do they love every minute of it, they learn and I NEVER have to tell them right rudder three times!
I hope your joking but if you're not, I'm guessing that has something to do with it. No captain wants some idiot like that sitting next to them. And when, I mean IF, you ever make captain, no FO will want to fly with you. Change your attitude and I bet you'll have better luck.

Want to fly with?

Any captain ever hits me over the head with a clipboard, he will be hanging on
some winglet by his tie.

AA

P.S. UND grad that was flying traffic watch as his first job.

Last edited:
seriously.....hit me in the head with your clipboard....

I be kickin your MO-rine a$$ all over the tarmac when we land.

HU-RAH..

indeed the airline career is a long hard ride to the top. i have many a friend that have 'skiped' the line to get on with regionals a majors just because 'they could'. pft?? und?? erau?? you name it

maverick.

PFT Flamebait

TopGun-MAV said:
indeed the airline career is a long hard ride to the top.
You're a real expert, aren't you, "Mav?" Aren't you a big time TAB Express P-F-T FO by now?
i have many a friend that have 'skiped' the line to get on with regionals a majors just because 'they could'. pft?? und?? erau?? you name it
Shouldn't that be spelled "skipped"? Haven't they learned you English at TAB, "Mav?" "Mav," you said two months ago that you would no longer post on this board. Just like P-F-T, another broken promise.

Speaking of promises, read on:

TAB Express Airline announces, for a limited time; FULL REBATE OF TRAINING COSTS!

Co-pilots, with no experience or with ratings, who begin training in August or September of 2004 and sign a 4-year commitment to fly for TAB Express Airline, will receive repayment of the entire cost of training at the end of the four year period. The requirements to receive the full repayment at the end of the four years are:

Maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Must pass the commercial checkride.
Must pass airline indoc and IOE.
Pass the Captain upgrade checkride.
Successfully complete the 4-year commitment.
Pay is above industry average. Upgrades to Captain are at 1200 hours. Classes are filling up quickly. Call toll-free at 866-785-0092 now for more information.

TAB Express has recognized an industry-wide pilot turnover of 60% for most small commuter airlines, resulting in substantially high training costs. By offering this incentive, TAB Express Airline hopes to build a solid four year pilot base.

What a deal!!! Not!!! What a bunch of malarkey. How do you spell "fraud?" One way to spell is is "T-A-B."

Last edited:
Stop responding to Top Gun Mav. The guy's a fake.

First of all, I'll add my thanks for your service to all the others expressing similar feelings. Second, please don't stereotype college flight students like that. I attend an aviation college, and many of my friends will be paying off student loans until the day they die. Third, even if someone receives financial help in attaining their ratings, that doesn't diminish the quality of their experience, since becoming a pilot still requires a lot of hard work and study, and most of the people who think they can fork over daddy's money and walk away a qualified pilot usually has another thing coming to them (I've seen it happen).

Yes, there are some who happily spend their parents' money until they get a cushy job, there are others who are truly humbled by the help they receive, and promise to work hard and earn their ratings in exchange for the help, then go out and build time and look for low-paying jobs just like everyone else. All I'm saying is don't assume anyone coming out of collegiate aviation is a snotty know-it-all who hasn't worked for anything. We're as varied as the pilot community in general, and saying you don't want to "baby-sit" us as we "learn how to be a pilot after spending Daddy's fortune" says more about your character than it does about ours.

There's always somebody out there who has it easier than you. Always.

And by the way, I grew up in the suburbs, don't think we don't know what "reality" is.

Pre-Pensacola

For those of you who have difficulties with my training strategies, please keep in mind I do train "Military" Pilots. Yes Military Pilots!! My civilian students do not get this treatment. If you haven't trained a Military Pilot, then you have no understanding of what my job entails. Thankyou and enough said...... I can't believe this Thread is still going on,and on and on and on.

Latest resources

Back