• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Happy Trails Lear 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, just wow. This coming from the kid with a twelfth grade education. Believing that you are the better judge of what is in the best interests of the whole that surely included PhD.'s, lawyers and any number of advanced degrees. Perhaps you share your beliefs with the masses and let them decide what the best course of action is. The truly insightful method would include sharing whatever wisdom was shared with you and then believing the group as a whole was intelligent enough to make a decision using all available resources.

We shall see. This is far from over. The DFR and DRC cases will bring out a lot of information that would have previously not been seen by the rank and file.

BIG difference between the Eastern guys at SWA and Eastern guys from Valujet...

To suggest otherwise is moronic....

Me and every other Eastern guy at SWA wouldn't even think of sending an app into Valujet/Airtran.

Nice try though.

How do you feel about the majority of our ex EAL that walked the picket line, didn't cross, and came to FL? They must be beneath you because they thought of sending in an ap to Valujet/AirTran.

BTW, if you really are rEAL, do see any similarities between EAL and WN?

A professional pilot flies the airplane how their company wants them to fly it-

Since when do procedures define how good a job is?
Of course.

But I do find it funny how for years prior to the announcement, all I heard from AT crews was how bad it was over there, and many wanted to be over at SW. And not only on FI.

In addition to the folks that I know personally over there, I'd run into AT folks on the prison bus, jumpseats, airports etc. and none of them had much, if anything glowing to say about working at AT. A lot of "you guys hiring?" type of comments. I realize this is anecdotal, but until recently, I never heard how great pre 9/27 AT was to work at.

Too bad the word didn't get out sooner. Maybe some of our junior guys could've jumped ship and enjoyed the wonderful AT experience, and even ended up higher on the list than they are now! ;)

A professional pilot flies the airplane how their company wants them to fly it-

Since when do procedures define how good a job is?

All I know is I can't go to Starbucks now unless one of us is on guard duty. Which really isn't that big of a deal. What actually is stupid is having to have one
pilot hang out during an aircraft swap with limited ground time. Wave there is nothing I can say that will make you think or feel any differently. Nor do I want you to. SWA is perfect in your eyes and even though they hosed you with this acquisition, you are not going to let it get you down. Good for you. Yeah Southwest. Now lets drink.

All I know is I can't go to Starbucks now unless one of us is on guard duty. Which really isn't that big of a deal. What actually is stupid is having to have one
pilot hang out during an aircraft swap with limited ground time. Wave there is nothing I can say that will make you think or feel any differently. Nor do I want you to. SWA is perfect in your eyes and even though they hosed you with this acquisition, you are not going to let it get you down. Good for you. Yeah Southwest. Now lets drink.

Is that only when the APU is running, or whenever the ac is powered up even on ground power.

pilot hang out during an aircraft swap with limited ground time.

Wow. You're right, because of that idiotic rule, AT was a far better career than SW. ;)

Wow. You're right, because of that idiotic rule, AT was a far better career than SW. ;)

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to pick a fight. Nor am I all together disappointed that SWA bought us. Another poster said something about new blood. I'm entitled to my own perspective.

Latest resources

Back