• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CorpLearDriver

Type aircraft owned
AA-5A
Base airport
KHOU
Ratings
ATP-AMEL, CFI, CFII, CFI-ME, & CFI-G, Type Ratings: ATR 42, ATR 72, CL-600, EMB-145, G100, HS-125, IA-1125, LR-60, LR-JET,
Earlier this month, while dining at the hotel restaurant in Venezuela, the other pilot ordered a simple hamburger. When it came I asked how it was. “Okay! Nothing to write home about but good.” This ensued a discussion about where it was that we had the best hamburger. Almost simultaneously the words “In ‘n’ Out Burger” left our mouths.

We’ve been all over the country and a lot of other places in the world. Nowhere, IMHO, not in the US, Canada, Europe, South America, nowhere, is there a fresher and better tasting hamburger, fast food or not, than In-n-Out.

What does this have to do with aviation? Aside from the irony that In-n-Out’s Westwind was the impetuous for our now following 757’s by at least 4 miles, Nothing! I just wanted to see what the opinions of everyone else were on the subject of culinary arts.

It has been a while since I was in California. However, the next time I am there, I hope to find an In-n-Out Burger to remind myself what a really good hamburger tastes like.

Airport TIKI in Ft. Pierce,FL. Excellent hamburger,good price. If they would only bring back the spicy fries then it would be perfect.

CorpLearDriver said:
Earlier this month, while dining at the hotel restaurant in Venezuela, the other pilot ordered a simple hamburger. When it came I asked how it was. “Okay! Nothing to write home about but good.” This ensued a discussion about where it was that we had the best hamburger. Almost simultaneously the words “In ‘n’ Out Burger” left our mouths.

We’ve been all over the country and a lot of other places in the world. Nowhere, IMHO, not in the US, Canada, Europe, South America, nowhere, is there a fresher and better tasting hamburger, fast food or not, than In-n-Out.

What does this have to do with aviation? Aside from the irony that In-n-Out’s Westwind was the impetuous for our now following 757’s by at least 4 miles, Nothing! I just wanted to see what the opinions of everyone else were on the subject of culinary arts.

It has been a while since I was in California. However, the next time I am there, I hope to find an In-n-Out Burger to remind myself what a really good hamburger tastes like.

There's an In-n-Out just off the approach end of 24R at LAX. Walking distance from the terminal.

Oh, and I'll second your opinion. Nothing beats a Double-Double with Cheese! :D

HMM

check out Kid Valley if you ever make it to SEA, or Burgermaster (east of Seattle about 10 miles - just off I-520) - It's a toss-up; they are both excellent.

In-n-out at LAX is the best fast food on EARTH!
#2 is Rock and roll taco in Rosarito Mexico

urflyingme?! said:
In-n-out at LAX is the best fast food on EARTH!
#2 is Rock and roll taco in Rosarito Mexico

I do rate Tommy's Chilli Dog and Chilli fries in Burbank and Hollywood high, but still would rather go to In-n-Out.

Latest resources

Back