• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

H&K Pilot Offer Expired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the numbers I posted where not shot into a ballistics gel? Excuse me that's odd how could they have come to that number? So if the Sig has the highest penetration and equal expansion of a .40 SW it is still worse though than anything else? I mean if anything is ignorant it sounds like your argument that Doc's test is the end all of this whole matter. His post has very little detail on the argument. Nowhere in his link does he say which weapon it was fired from or its corresponding barrel lengths. (Barrel Length makes a huge difference) 4.5in have shown 600 lb/ft of energy.

rjacobs said:
I am done with the ignorance in this thread.

You're the only person in this thread who isn't open-minded enough to look at objective ballistics data, instead deferring your own thoughts on the chambering to somebody else's opinion.

And we're the ignorant ones?

The 357 SIG is no wundercartridge; no loading is. But it *is* a good self-defense caliber, wildly popular with LEOs including those who protect POTUS. As such, its not any "better" or "worse" than any other loading...and more akin to your regular THR/AR15.com mental masturbation about "what is the best DRT round?" thread.

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Misc_Images/DocGKR/Handgun_gel_comparison.jpg

http://www.abaris.net/info/ballistics/handgun-stopping-power.htm

No skin off my back I shoot the .40 at the range for practice and throw the .357 barrel on for a box of fifty to keep my skill up on it. When it get's put away in the nightstand the .357 stays on. YMMV

For the hell of it when I went to the range last week I held the gun sideways for a few rounds ya..... doesn't work well, but I looked damn cool doing it. Everybody around me knew I was in kill mode.

For the hell of it when I went to the range last week I held the gun sideways for a few rounds ya..... doesn't work well, but I looked damn cool doing it. Everybody around me knew I was in kill mode.

I'm black and I don't even approve of this...

Latest resources

Back