• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GV to a TBM 850... Advice anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...maybe if an unemployed pilot invested the time and effort wolfpackpilot obviously did to break into the SE turbine market mentor/pro pilot market,they wouldn't be unemployed?
On the money.^

...maybe if an unemployed pilot invested the time and effort wolfpackpilot obviously did to break into the SE turbine market mentor/pro pilot market,they wouldn't be unemployed?

I have to admit, I can see it both ways. I busted my butt as a midlife career changer for a chance to fly Barons and King Airs around the GSO/BUY area. As some here who know me will attest that I always went above and beyond: always starched and pressed, constantly running, cleaning, fetching, toting, playing Customer Service rep with the pax, and studying systems any time I happened to be on my butt outside the plane. It opened doors that I never imagined. I wasn't lucky. I just worked my azz off. Anyone is entitled to do the same. May the best man win.

But at the same time, I did feel a little odd when the CP mentioned how many resumes he was getting from out of work airline/corp guys. Even met a few of them when they'd fly a trip. I felt a little guilty knowing I had a lucrative (at the time) job already and these guys were scraping to put food on the table.

I bowed out. I miss it so bad it hurts. I would give my left testicle just to RIDE in a B58 or King Air again. Stepping aside just seemed like the right thing to do for me. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Maybe a polo and dockers would help you land that Gulfstream job... ;)

I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, too but you've got to adjust for prevailing conditions, if you know what I mean.

TC

AA717, jeans and a T-shirt is dressed up in Texas, at least at Simuflite DFW. Just make sure you wear your good boots and the new belt buckle......

I kid, I kid.......... but not by much......

Damn I really need to move to Texas:)

A texas tuxedo for Day 1 initial would make a hell of a statement. Good for you wolf. Your story should be a reminder for anybody that ever feels complancency begin to set in, no matter where you are in your career.

AA717, jeans and a T-shirt is dressed up in Texas, at least at Simuflite DFW. Just make sure you wear your good boots and the new belt buckle......

I kid, I kid.......... but not by much......

Damn I really need to move to Texas:)

My "good boots" are the ones I use for mucking out the stalls.

Maybe MMU would suit me better. But I don't have any gold chains...

;)
TC

Latest resources

Back