Guy in back gets dream shot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you like movies about Gladiators?

So for all you FO's out there, if you were in this situation would you switch seats?

As mentioned above, how would he steer the plane on the ground? If in doubt as to his comfort level he could have just let it auto land. If he didn't like what he saw as he came in he could just go around. The airplane was not broke only the Captain was broken. I think that the FO did a fantastic job and I am glad that there are pilots like him out there when my family is on board. Some of the questioning of his actions show that some people just don't have much experience or skills of their own. I hope that ALPA awards an air safety medal to them.

"I know but this guy has no flying experience at all. He's a menace to himself and everything else in the air... yes, birds too."

I am familiar with CRM and believe in it, and it would be nice to have someone that could talk on the radio, sling gear and flaps, and help look for traffic. I'm just asking if you would invite a private pilot into your cockpit to help in a scenario that you could handle solo. I'm not questioning judgement of this pilot, just wanted some opinions.

If I was in that scenario, you're darn tootn' I'd do the same thing. And if there wasn't a private pilot aboard, I'd bring up a flight attendant (if she wasn't a ditz)and tell her to pay attention and read the frikin checklists. Or any able bodied passenger, really.

I would not have switched seats (I am not CA qualified like that guy was). I would have landed the aircraft and stopped on the runway. Emergency vehicles can meet us out there.

and if you really want to throw up in your mouth a little, go over to a.net and read what those "experts" have to say about this.....

Out of morbid curiosity, I had a looksee. I forgot why I stopped reading that forum when I was 15.

Last edited:
I always fear this flying into Daytona Beach...

Both pilots being incapacitated and 30 of my fellow Riddle Rats fighting over who gets to fly while the plane crashes. :(

Didnt it say he had 28 years experience? Even American Eagle doesnt have FOs that long with the company. Good job by the pilot though. Talk about non standard. I guy with a PPL upgrades to major airline FO.... I guess E. Riddle will be out of business. They just found the answer to this upcoming pilot shortage in near future. Any flights that have registered pilots, student pilots, MSFS enthusiasts, hell even someone who can hold their arms out and make plane noises can just dispatch with one company pilot and take a passenger up front. Sounds like pay scales are really going to hit bottom now that this info is out.

and if you really want to throw up in your mouth a little, go over to a.net and read what those "experts" have to say about this.....

Yeah, they address articles like this and every other piece of aviation info, ad nauseum. Who's better...AIRBUS or BOEING??? WHO GIVES A $HIT!!!
It must be a dream to fly this airplane or that airplane...IT'S NOT!!!

Dorks...

Latest resources

Back