• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Guppy killer sticker?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I'm a pretty big dou*che and that sticker even pissed me off. I hope nobody seriously has this on their bag....that would just be sad.

I was one of the guys in on this convo. This guy is going to get a second furlough from UA in 8 years. I understand why he is frustrated. I have not actually seen the stickers. I didn't think he was exaggerating though.

What makes it "real"? engines below the wings??

I've yet to meet a single RAH pilot who would make that dumb of a statement. And if they do, please feel free to beat them with a sock full of pennies.

Just like I have never seen a single "Guppy Killer" sticker since the airplane was new back in 2004 and some idiots thought it would be funny. That died pretty quickly. Again, if you see one, refer to aforementioned sock full of pennies.

An airplane is an airplane.

I swear this feels like early 2002 all over again.

Agreed. Common sense and tact seem to be lacking these days.

I'm just going to go start finding some pennies and some socks.......j/k

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the significance of a guppy killer? I've never seen the sticker, and don't know why it is upsetting...

Because at United they call the 737 the Guppy. So therefore Guppy Killer insinuates whatever airplane the particular pilot is flying is replacing the Guppy, ie killing it off.

My favorite was the RAH FO who climbed aboard my jumpseat. When I asked him what he flew (rhetorical question) he told me............"The Mini-Bus"! I asked what that meant, and he of course told me all about how the E170 was just like flying a mini Airbus.

I asked what that meant, and he of course told me all about how the E170 was just like flying a mini Airbus.

Ummm not quite. Besides, the Airbus pays a lot more than the E170.

I was one of the guys in on this convo. This guy is going to get a second furlough from UA in 8 years. I understand why he is frustrated. I have not actually seen the stickers. I didn't think he was exaggerating though.

Instead of getting worked up over this supposed sticker.....he should be more worked up over the one that says "ALPA speaks for me and I tell them what to say".....

Latest resources

Back