Guppy killer sticker?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

208starcheck

I was with a group of guys that were talking at the airport yesterday. I didn't have much to add because the conversation was about the airlines situation and furloughs.
One of the guys was a United pilot looking at a furlough soon. He was all worked up about some SkyWest pilots that have a bag sticker that says "Guppy Killer". I searched FI but didn't see any conversation about it. The United guy said he looks at all the SkyWest pilot bags in the terminal. He is on a hunt for anyone with that sticker. He is planning on confronting anyone with the sticker and not letting them go till they take off the sticker right then. He mentioned anyone with that sticker is looking to get in a fist fight. Almost sounded like he was the guy willing to get the fight started.

Question:
Is someone really making these stickers or is this guy worked up over a rumor?

Last edited:
Uh are you sure you didn't confuse this one with Republic. They are the ones with the sticker because of the 170. I've heard pilots there tell me that it is a "mainline" aircraft. Here at SkyWest I have never saw that sticker on any of our bags.

I had this same conversation with a United pilot once. They had seen the same sticker floating around.

I have never seen one of these stickers on any pilot bag but I have heard the stories.

Personally you might as well have a sticker next to it that says "I'M A D*&@#& BAG"

Kind of like the guys who tell me "I only fly the 700" with a sense of entitlement.

Tetrahymena- Commonly called "Guppy Killer Disease." A ciliated protozoan which can be free-living or parasitic. Common in crowded conditions and in water containing excessive organic debris. Unaffected by parasiticides because of its ability to burrow deeply into skin of host which ultimately protects parasites from chemotherapeutics. Best method of control is prevention through sound husbandry practices. These pear-shaped protozoa may be present in very large numbers when the infestation is severe.

I have never seen one of those stickers at SKYW. If anyone does have a "guppy killer" sticker on their bag they probably deserve to be assulted. However, I would like to know just how this guy plans to force someone to remove a sticker from their bag. I just don't see a UAL pilot detaining another pilot at a gate with out drawing some attention.

I have never seen an OO pilot with this sticker.

I have talked to some RAH FO's that seem to think they are God's gift to mankind because they fly a "real" aircraft.

SJS is a serious disease....

He is planning on confronting anyone with the sticker and not letting them go till they take off the sticker right then.
Wow, holding someone against thier own will. You can go to jail for a good amount of time.
I doubt there is such a sticker and I doubt this conversation ever took place.

There was E170 pilot here a while back that used to go by that name. Used to flame the UA pilots all the time.

Latest resources

Back