Gulfstream First Officer Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boredtodeath:

It's funny that the very person who PFT'd and help Mgt. in destroying an entry level job is the one who will turn around and call the one who "didn't" PFT uneducated and unprofessional.

You took what I said completely out of context. I was referring to people who show thier dislike for PFT by throwing around names like Scumbag and Scab, but when asked something simple as what a Scab is, they can't tell me! As long as you have the knowledge to back up your commets and opinions thats fine! I really don't care. Everyone's opinions differ.

Why don't you read what I said in my post:

I respect the opinions of people like Bobby and others who have paid thier dues and want to council others. But I do not respect anyone who is uneducated and likes to throw around names. All that shows is complete unprofessionalism on thier part.

Bobby picked up on it, but you seemed to miss the point of my post entirely. I respect my peers. Even if you hate the fact that I PFT'ed. So be it! I agian, really don't care. I can't go back an undo what I did, nor do I really want to. I won't sit here and try to preach PFT to everyone, but I will tell my experiences and you will tell yours. My comments on unprofessionalism were directed at those who do not have the knowledge and experience to be using such harsh terms, and who use them for the only reason to drum up more buisness for thier school. Yes, BoredToDeath, I really do respect your position on the subject, even though we will never agree.

--03M

People who attended the GIA program will probably find that there will be many pilots they will encounter throughout their careers who strongly disagree with how they gained their experience.

Just a thought: PFT as a practice is a bad thing. Back in the early 90's, PFT was probably the only way to get a job at a regional airline. Thank God and good pilot groups that it does not exist anymore. I do, however, consider that the pilot who PFT'd at a regional in the '90's went on to make full pay for his/her position and was able to move up the ranks to captain.
To me, there is a huge difference between that and the GIA student who paid a lot more $$ for a 250 hr program that left them out on the street and only made $8 an hour as a First Officer.

hours?

in my past experiences, mainly dealing with non-professional pilots(airplane owners and weekend warriors) instructing, the time means nothing at all. Ive seen 3000 hour pilots that i would never fly with again. And ive seen 120 hour "professional" students witm more ability in their pinky than the 3000 hour weekend warrior. imho, it's quality not quantity. Id rather fly with a guy with 700 hours from gulfstream that a guy that owns a baron with 6000 hours and hasnt seen training since his last biennial 2 years ago. now if were talking pro's then the time usually dictates the skill, but only if the people have similar backgrounds. In the cfi profession as most of you know, when you look at a guys logbook, the hours are one of the last things you are thinking about.

gia hire off the street fo's?

does gia hire qualified(135 mins) fo's off the street or do they pick exculsively from their first officer program?

Off the street hiring

GIA does not hire off the street. They did hire some street F/O's a while back and some street captains, but that has not happened in a long time. Also, GIA is part 121 not 135.

--03M

Just curious, what are the industry opinions of someone who worked at GIA as an instructor or other paid position which requires NO money to obtain?

N9103M,

Since I was pretty much the only one throwing names around here, I pretty much assumed you were referring to me. But if I took your words out of context then I apologize.

kwb13 said:
Just curious, what are the industry opinions of someone who worked at GIA as an instructor or other paid position which requires NO money to obtain?

kwb13,

If that person did not buy their job then there is no problem.

BoredToDeath said:
N9103M,

Since I was pretty much the only one throwing names around here, I pretty much assumed you were referring to me. But if I took your words out of context then I apologize.

No worries. Just trying to clear things up. Good thread.

--03M

kwb13 said:

BoredToDeath is right. You should recieve no ill will if you instruct at GIA. But I see some issues instructing for the company if you do not agree with how the management does buisness and also with the route that your own students might follow.

Just my opinion,

--03M

Latest resources

Back