Gulfstream Down in the South of France?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HawkerF/O

ABC Radio News is reporting an "N" registered Gulfstream has crashed in France. American Crew & Passengers all dead at the scene. Anyone? Please advise?

In this economy at 24, I sure hope they had sent this guy to school and he wasn't just some switch monkey glad to be flying right seat in a Gulfstream.

Its the dirtbag operation Universal Jet Aviation out of Boca Raton, FL.

Mike McCauley's crap company.

This makes 12 people DEAD in 11 years at that shhhh it hole..................junk planes, the worst maintenance, the cheesiest pilots.

Hopefully this will put them out of business........how many dead people have to come out of one company before they get shut down????

PATHETIC.....

Last edited:
Captain, American Airlines pilot who SUPPOSEDLY got fired for incompetence.
FO, 22 years old. SUPPOSEDLY very inexperienced.
FA was like 30 yrs old.

Typical cockpit crew at Universal Jet..........every crew there has a story. Usually grossly inexperienced, drug addicts, paid for training because they can't get hired anywhere good, or they have 3 DUI's and a one-year pilots license suspension like the Chief Pilot does.

I also lost a friend there years ago in a Lear accident. I hope this guy finally realizes the way to make money in this business is not by skimping on training and poor maintenance to make flights. This guy should be shut down before families loose more loved ones. Enough is enough

I also lost a friend there years ago in a Lear accident. I hope this guy finally realizes the way to make money in this business is not by skimping on training and poor maintenance to make flights. This guy should be shut down before families loose more loved ones. Enough is enough

I have 5 friends that are dead because of Universal Jet. Mechanical issue that was ignored caused one and took a Lear 25 off the runway because of inadvertent nose-wheel deflection, which was written up for 4 months and ignored. Mid air in the Lear 55 caused another because thats how they trained their new co-pilots with 150 hours total time back then, in the jet, then lie on the insurance paperwork saying they were FSI trained. And then Mike McCauley, the owner of UJET, does a flight and leaves the the cross-flow valve open after he parks the plane, NO CHECKLIST for the KING, then a line guy comes into the hangar the next morning and sees one wing about to touch the ground and puts nitrogen into the tire thats bulging under all the weight....blows his head OFF from the rim exploding off because of over-pressure. Yea, he should have called a mechanic, but the KING Mike caused it because he's an incompetent pilot and can't complete a checklist.

From the pictures and description looks like high-speed off the end of the runway, reversers still deployed, impact with trees. Only one runway there, 1,750 meters (5,780 feet).

Latest resources

Back