Guilty!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~^~~~ said:
Being French is a matter of nationality, not race. And you must admit, as a Nation, they are sort of known as being surrender monkeys.

If you wanted to be racist, you could say that Sophie Marceau has physical traits that make a kinkameggasuper hottie.

Your splitting hair, I was just saying that in general name calling has no place in a professional Forum.

olympus593 said:
Nice Racist post, Hope you feel better.

All the name calling on this board really give us a good reputation.
There is nothing wrong with disagreing with people, but what about some respect for eachother.

racist? i don't think so. everyone can agree they are a bunch of weenies (that have good wine and some good food) :)

~~~^~~~ said:
Dog Driver:

You are exactly correct. This is a travesty I pray will end up in front of a Federal Circuit Ct., or being heard by the Supreme Court, on grounds that it violates the Constiutional protections against Double Jeopardy and on the basis of Federal Subject Matter Preemption. This sort of politically motivated prosecution is how freedom ends.

Now that the FAA has revoked their Certificates, their airline has fired them, their union abandoned them - the State of Florida wants to put them in prison for five years.

Surely they broke a city ordinance, an airport rule, and pissed off the security guard that was trying to take the Captain's Coffee away from him. Are all these folks going to try to make political hay out of these pilots' stupidity as well?

Aside from the legal arguements, isn't five years a little stiff on a first offense when the vehicle was never moved? I know these guys intended to fly, but in Florida it is no crime to sit in your pickup truck and drink beer - they even seem to tolerate peeing off the tailgate everywhere but Naples.

~~~^~~~

Well, next time we'll stick your wife and kids on the plane, give them a bottle of vodka, and then tell me what you think.

CapnVegetto said:
Well, next time we'll stick your wife and kids on the plane, give them a bottle of vodka, and then tell me what you think.
Huh? So how many times should these pilots be prosecuted for sitting in America West's jet?

Please check all that you agree with - I agree with the ones marked X

X O - Suspension of Certificates
X O - Revocation of the same
X O - Loss of career ( will not be in a jetliner again )

Now what the Florida Court wants to achieve

O - Local regulation of aviation
O - Local jurisdiction of law enforcement over aviation matters
O - Local adjuctication of aviation matters
O - Five years of prison on a first offense DUI where the vehicle did not move

Also, my chart case is already full. Will you help me care a complete copy of the Florida State Statutes and every local ordinance and we fly all over the Northern Hemisphere - candidly our chart cases are going to have to come to the airport in a transport container.

And hey, I might decide that I don't want airplanes flying over my house and I am sure my town will agree. I live under the Macey arrival, so there is a bunch of pilots we need to round up and prosecute for breaking my local no fly law.

This is another case of prosecutors prosecuting to try to show how they are "protecting the citizenry" from crime. If the State of Florida is so concerned about impaired drivers (of whatever kind of machinery) they need to pull over every driver over the age of 75 and check for impairment.

Whether it is prescription drugs or just old age, most drivers over the age of 75 aren't competent and wouldn't pass a field sobriety check.

And, a 5 year sentence is draconian.TC

~~~^~~~

~~~^~~~,

If that is your REAL name .....

Nice to see SOMEBODY is on topic here ......

Actually it IS illegal to sit in you pickup and drink beer IF the keys are in the ignition ... in Florida anyway.

Had a run in one night with a local 'butt head cop' .... I was too tired to drive and decided to pull over in a parking lot and sleep .... NOTHING to drink .... JUST sleepy. Went through all the hoops and threats ... told because I had the keys in the ignition (listening to the radio) it was a DUI. Finally had me use the breathalyzer ..... a big 0.0%!! Got chastised for doing something SMART.

Anyway ... I agree with you that 5 years is a little steep for a first offence ... if it is a first offence...(they might have a history) however I feel trying to fly an airliner with passengers deserves a little more than average.

It will be interesting to see what they acually get sentenced to.

AGAIN ..... I would agree with all of what they get IF it was the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT (FAA) doing it.

Would I be angry if my family was on the plane ?? Heck yes !! But that is NOT the problem CapnVegetto, it is that the STATE OF FLORIDA is going after these guys .... What next ..... TSA has the athority to arest you for rolling past a hold line or busting an altitude ?? That, like this, is the FAA's job. ONE SET of rules that I can learn and live by. Ignorance of the law is no excuse .... remember that when Deputy 'Bubba' throws you into his cruiser for no brake lights on your cessna.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ <--- Fins to the left!

It is a reference to a song by another pilot troubador, a son of a son of a sailor born in the wrong century. But oops, I am off topic.

I interviewed these pilots' attorneys in the first round of appeals while they were still spending their first $100,000 of their own money defending this case. It was a first offense.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back