• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ground Crew to Picket Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So does that mean that SW pilots know not to kill the Golden Goose....or does it mean that the flight attendants have bigger stones than the pilots?

Good one RetardedDog. PM when you figure out who I am. A guy PM'd me saying you were trying to figure out who I am. I'll introduce myself to you in the crew lounge after I get hired.

To be quite honest with you...you put some funny $hit out here...I know..or hope you are not that stupid to believe it....as for introducing yourself...we can meet on the plane when I meet the other flight attendants you are flying with....

Your leadership wouldn't do that to you. Your morale is important to them because the customers see it in the employees.

Then quit telling us how great we are while continually showing us otherwise. Can't afford a cost of living increase? Please. Mr. Kelly has taken a 100% raise TWICE in the past two years and millions in stock GRANTS - not options.

Mr. Kelly tells us we don't deserve a raise, stalls contract talks for almost 3 years, takes his bonus', fires pilots without cause, reduces our flying and then gives our futures to Westjet and a 2 year old Mexican airline with 19 jets.

Why don't you point out to me all the great things I should be onboard with and I'll get right on it.

Mr. Kelly has found the tipping to point of many fine men and women at Southwest Airlines. Somewhere, sometime a person reaches the transition between caring and apathy. If you knew what you were talking about you'd see just how many individuals at Southwest are reaching theirs.

It's really very disappointing.
Gup

This is just business. Actions during negotiations is just part of the business. Both sides do respect that.

Its the people of SWA that makes this a great place to work. And our negotiations does not change that part.

Luckilly the honeymoon is over for about 3% of the plot group. These guys just want to burn the place down. If you talk to 97% of the pilots everyone is HAPPY! I think a company that has never furloughed anyone and that is decreasing capacity by atleast 5% in Jan and Feb and still no f word deserves a little bit of respect!.

Says the brand new FNG who paid for his job, and might not be able to recoup his PFT!

GuppyWN, Gary Kelly should get a raise. Look at how he's led your company through these unsettling times. If it weren't for his foresight, you would have lost a ton of money. He spear-headed the hedges. He still makes a lot less than Glenn Tilton. I think whatever they are paying him is a bargin.

If you want a raise, tie it to profits. I'm sure you wouldn't want to do that because you know the economy is in the crapper and SWA probably won't see a profit again until 2010.

GuppyWN, have they actually been firing people without cause? That's got to be a first in SWA history.

Latest resources

Back