Ground Crew to Picket Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or this one......

I mentioned in my letter of Wednesday that we no longer consider Section I TA’d. It’s not possible to have a TA if both parties don’t agree. And we don’t right now. As you know the Company had agreed to abide by language in Section I that was TA’d over a year ago. We were comfortable with that language. The Company subsequently submitted new language to modify Section I, not SWAPA. That proposal dealt with two issues that are addressed at length in my 11.15.08 RP article. Many of you have asked why we let that happen. We didn’t let it happen. In section six the entire agreement is on the table and can be readdressed by either party. I don’t like it that the Company wanted new language, but…and this is important, we intend to make further improvements in Section I language before we agree to any changes to language. In other words, what we will get will be better than we had. I think we will be successful but should we not, you will quickly know. It will be a turning point in negotiations and we will have to head down a road we haven’t traveled before. Your response to the announcement (overwhelmingly negative) is actually a positive. It will hopefully help our NC at the table.

If you wish me to continue I will. Look brother, what you seem to fail to grasp is that I DON'T WANT THIS PLACE TO TURN INTO "LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE" but Gary Kelly is doing his darndest to over-ride my decison.

Gup

Bravodude. Did you leave USAir or did USAir leave you? Then look around and ask yourself what similarities you see in USAir 10 years ago and the announcements you've seen here in the past six months.

You might not be worried and trust Mr. Kelly but I gotta be straight with you - I'm scared to death. Please argue your case and tear my arguments apart. It's constuctive and I might just learn something from you.

Don't just tell me you trust Gary, give me something I can work with cause I cannot defend "I told you so".

V/R,
Gup

Bravodude. Did you leave USAir or did USAir leave you? Then look around and ask yourself what similarities you see in USAir 10 years ago and the announcements you've seen here in the past six months.

You might not be worried and trust Mr. Kelly but I gotta be straight with you - I'm scared to death. Please argue your case and tear my arguments apart. It's constuctive and I might just learn something from you.

Don't just tell me you trust Gary, give me something I can work with cause I cannot defend "I told you so".

V/R,
Gup

Ok I'll bite, go and listen to the Carls comments about the recent BOD meeting. The company first agreed to specific codeshare language. ;ater the company realized they made a mistake so what did they do, did they say to he!! with it we will do what we want. NO, they went to the NC who went to carl and swapa's response was "you either live with the language you agreed to or you negotiate your way out of it" and guess what they are doing now. Negotiating their way out of it. (this is right from the audio portion of the BOD minutes). So what is there to be upset about, the company wants to change some language and the union has said fine lets negotiate so let them negotiate.

As for the USair comment, . I respectively ask that the next time you have a chance talk to some of the guys here that have come from the other major airlines and see what they think about GK and SWA. It could be much much worse!

Like I said before I do have an issue with RJ codeshare, that is one situation I am all too familiar with, but again we have a union that is in negotiation, why not wait to see what language they have in the TA before we rip something that we don't even have apart.

Last edited:
Chevy Tahoes for one Gup and I would imagine you can buy a computer for less right now too.

Unions had their place in the sweat shops of the 19th century. Now they are just organizations that destroy companies. Just look at the big 3. They are getting blown out of the water by non union competitors. Now, to stay competitive, they're going to need government subsidies.

Just like the 500 million the government gave to Toyota to open plants in the US :mad:

Just like the 500 million the government gave to Toyota to open plants in the US :mad:

OK. Let's make it fair then. Double the $500 million. Give each of the big three $1 billion a piece. Even then that wouldn't save them. $15 billion, or whatever the current bailout is up to only delays the inevitable.

Latest resources

Back