• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Greed Greed Greed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I won't, and certainly don't need to come to General Lee's defense. I have a blast bantering back and forth with him on a lot of issues on this forum and over the past year or so, seem to have got to know this man. He rants and bashes jetBlue to no end, he agrees with some and then disagrees with maybe the same person...but I will say one thing...the man is not greedy by my, or anyone else's definition.

Of course, being a free country, Bally is entitled to his opinion, right or wrong.

C ya'll

The kick is up..... and the kick is good!!!

Nice reply General Lee.

While I will add that sometimes your LCC rants get old and tiresome, you have NEVER appeared greedy in your posts. I jumpseat on Delta alot, maybe I've met you, maybe not, but I'm willing to bet you are in the top 2% when it comes to pure class while on duty.

Bally:

Your current position is blank. What do you do? Honest now. I can't help but think this is flamebait.

Last edited:
Bally,

After reading your post one word comes to mind, and that is naive. The definition that fits is "deficient in worldly wisdom or informed judgment".

The vast majority of pilots take great pride in their profession and want nothing less than the company they fly for to be vastly successful. However, when it comes down to it being a pilot is not a charitable endeavor. I trade hours for dollars, and I happen to like flying, end of story. Also, remember that you get paid not what you are worth, but what you are able to negotiate.

You can equate some of the emotions you describe to you suddenly finding out, after many years of marriage, that your wife is cheating on you. Don't tell me that you wouldn't be bitter.

It’s all part of capitalism and the pendulum swings slowly from side to side. In an ideal world unions wouldn’t be necessary either. By the way, pissing into the wind usually results in your shoes getting wet….

Last edited:
Bally said:
I know, I did not use spell check...

No disrespect to General Lee, but his attitude illustrates shear greed and a significant reason the airline industry is in shambles.

An airline analyst in the Wall Street Journal characterized the Delta pilot group as "having a noose around the Company's neck".

This shows how and why pilots continually lose ground to the outrageous salaries of those management teams your mid-west upbringing supports.

If General Lee leaves Delta he starts at the bottom both in pay and benefits. I wonder what exit package LEO just got and I wonder what his new employment contract provides when he shows up at the next job. Oh, yes, another Golden Parachute to set up an additonal three generations of his family. As always another idiot who thinks it is all labors fault.

I truly question your position or your knowledge of this industry.

I have a different opinion of Bally's attitude....more power to you.

One can go thru life finding the negative in everything. The more things you can be positive about, the happier you will be. Some may call it naive but so what. I'd rather be naive and happy than knowing it all and unhappy. Sometimes no matter how hard you try it boils down to good timing and what appears to be luck. I'd rather not fret about the road not taken.

Last edited:
I think we can all relate somewhat to the pride and satisfaction flying gives us - (even if we joke about it)

but bottom line is money simply DOES have a something to do with happiness once one passes the point of living with his/her parents.

A happy wife at home in a nice area with happy kids and comfortable life CONTRIBUTES to happiness...and these things don't come wthout money.

lets stop this "give up some salary so we can all fly proud" BULL$HIT.

Pride has very little to do with why I fly. My sister-in-law and her husband and four kids are one of the happiest families I know and they net about $45,000 a year. He works for a waste water treatment plant. I'm currently at the bottom of the seniority ladder at my airline and I don't begrudge my CEO a single dime of the money he makes. If he didn't do his job so well, I never could have been hired by his company. I do have a problem with people whose attitude is "Screw the company. I'm getting every dime I've got coming to me and then some because if I don't someone else will." That isn't everyone in this industry, but we've all flown with guys with that attitude. Usually, the people spouting that crap are the first guys to sign their correspondance with "fraternally yours". Well brother, if you really care for me, don't (*&% the company that signs my paycheck. I need them to be around for another 20 years because I can't afford to start all over at the bottom of the totem pole in another unionized airline.

Disclaimers....As far as I know, none of my comments apply to anyone in this forum, and yes, I am a dues paying ALPA member.

ok, someone brief me on how to use spell check. I failed spelling all through grammer school.

General Lee,

"Go back and drink some more, and don't leave the gas fireplace on or your house my explode.... (yet another tip----hey, is that greedy? I just saved your life!)"

Thanks for the tip General Lee... I do not need heat since I live in a warm climate, so I will just go on drinking.

Again, my post was not intended to be disrespectful. Your atitude however again illustrates the reason that companies like Delta are in so much trouble.

Each labor group is pointing fingers at each other. There seems to be no trust at all. Again, I am glad and blessed that I do not work in that environment. Way too much soap opera action for my taste. I also think after so long, you get to enjoy the drama.

Perhaps the non-trust was earned by all parties. Other posts here also demonstrate a very negative, me me me, and squeeze all you can, atitude. Either these folks were born that way, or burned by their compan(ies). If it is the later, I guess I can sort of understand. In any event, it would be sad to go though life with such a myopic view.

I agree that the actions and quality of managment has been sub-par, and in some cases criminal at many of the major airlines. The fall of companies such as Delta and United are complex. Responsability has to focus on manamgnent since after all, they have the final say on Contracts, and business strategy.

General Lee, flying the airplane, saying thanks to your pax, and getting a good landing is only a fraction of your responsability. For Delta to regain its health, you, manament, and all of the Delta work groups need to find a way to become a cohesive, on the same page group.

Perhaps the situation is like a blueberry stain on a white cotton cloth. No matter what you do, the stain is too deep and will never go away. If this is the case, buy JetBlue stock.

yup, but the airline being around for your next 20 years has NOTHING to do with your loyalty. unfortunate but true.

the only people looking to stay 20 years at any airline are the pilots....sad but true.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back