• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Greed Greed Greed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a friend who is furloughed from Delta and we were just discussing this very subject the other day. He says he, along with many others, is more than ready to offer a 20% salary decrease as long as management is willing to agree that they will not receive any bonuses or such. He says management will not agree to that.

I believe he cited American Airlines pilots (I may be wrong about the Airline) as giving up like 40% or something and then management received nice bonuses afterwards.

Delta pilots should stand firm on this in my opinion.

I believe Bally works for Southwest.

Bally,

You really don't understand my position, do you? I am willing to give some pay back because I do love my job, and this company. But, you can't just give away the farm unless you know exactly what will happen with the money. Will Delta use it to pay off the debt, or to finance the debt? Will they buy more RJs? What would they do with it? Delta also only has one union (unlike Southwest, or UAL, or AA etc..)---which means that management doesn't want the other groups to get unions on the property. They would rather whipsaw the groups against each other, and mainly take from the pilots----appeasing the other groups to not go for the unions. We also actually invested in advice from investment banks and other experts--and they looked it over and told us what we needed to do. (Some say the investment bankers told us "what we wanted to hear...." If that were the case---it would have been "give nothing!") We still stand ready to continue to negotiate---and that is something you seem to NOT understand here. Greedy? I think not. Also, this problem we have needs help from everyone involved----since we all have a stake in Delta's success. Does that make sense? I think it does---with the pilots paying the most---which I think is fine. Enjoy that warm climate. And here is another tip----don't leave your car running in a closed garage---it might kill you!

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
"the only people looking to stay 20 years at any airline are the pilots....sad but true."

Newsflash here, but that's because the pilots can't afford to go anywhere else, because you could spend 18 years as a 747 Captain at AirWhatever and go right to the panel of a 707 the day you move to another airline. That's not loyalty. That's bondage. And that bondage system isn't coming from "the company".

So the greedy DAL Pilots need to take a 20% pay cut? Can someone post the golden parachute Leo got after less than 10 years of service? I know the pilots are looking to chip in but I think the upper management greed stinks like yesterday's diapers!!

I can hear the General Lee's horn blowing in the distance!!

General, Why respond to such obvious flame bait?

enigma

Enigma,

I don't know. I try to respond to anyone who singles me out.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

The General has always sound down to earth to me.

I will however tell you what the ultimate greed is. It is when I get on a Delta jumseat and the $300,000 a year Captain is pissed off because I am RJ pilot. Now That is Greed. It always amazes me that someone could be so out of touch with reality.

I have to agree with the General in that you can't give the farm away until you know where the money is going. Would you give a stock broker your life savings to invest without knowing what he's investing it in. But the other side is what Dadawgs said about "$300,000 captains". It's o.k. Dawg, I feel your pain.....

Bally,

Your the kind of "company man" that would probably cross the line. Someone called you naive on an earlier post.....thats a friggin understatement! Grow up and get a clue!!

dadawgs and KCS0780,

I have run into those same $300,000 wonders, and there are some that still greenslip (get double pay on days off) with 1060 furloughs on the street. Most of the Capts I fly with on the 757/767 are pretty nice, with the cocky ones mixed in there. I don't know why a senior Capt would hassle an RJ pilot---they really are out of touch sometimes. I actually was at DL Express for a while (737-200s) and I was jumping back home and the Capt asked me where I flew? I said DL Express. He said, "Hey, we are trying to get you on our seniority list..." I looked at the FO and he was shaking his head. Out of touch indeed.(I was already on it)

delivery100,

I don't know why he would say that--but he did say he was drinking....I have never said that we should not take some sort of pay cut to help the company---but we should be cautious at the same time unless we know EXACTLY where our INVESTMENT will go.....And I think most of us would go for up to 20%---which is A LOT OF MONEY GONE FROM OUR POCKETS.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back