Great radio exchange

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
5 pages......

Duane Woerth told them it was an mechanics' issue and ALPA didn't want to get involved in their strike.

Wrong! It was the other way around. ALPA approached AMFA early on when they knew concessions were around the corner and offered to set up a labor coalition that AMFA could join with them and they could all work together. AMFA declined, stating, and this is a direct quote, "we don't need the help of a bunch of bug smashers."

So the other day I heard a company Jetblue AC ask for a ride report. The controller asked a NWA flt ahead what the ride was like. The response " no dues, no news". There was a long pause and the controller said " okay". I just about died laughing. That was good NWA pilot. Myself being extremely pro union thought it was great.

HA !!! That's about the 7th or 8th version of that story I've heard since I've been flying. Only the names have changed.

HA !!! That's about the 7th or 8th version of that story I've heard since I've been flying. Only the names have changed.

Forgot the responses:
#1 The "JetBlue pilot/insert airline pilot" replies back.."Oh that explains were all the rivots hitting our airplane are coming from. There is a DC-9 infront of us."

#2 "Oh that explains where the loud obnoxious whining is coming from. There is a DC-9 infont of us. We thought it was our flight attendants."

I'll give it a week until "brand x" returns to the gate to drop off another "brand y" pilot because of a jumpseat comment.

Last edited:
The DC-9's are lasting longer than the AIRbus ever could. Problem with the -9 is it needs some flying ability and some brains to operate it.

The DC-9's are lasting longer than the AIRbus ever could. Problem with the -9 is it needs some flying ability and some brains to operate it.

I think the glycol that leaks into the airplane might have gotten to you. You have to love the cocktail napkins stuffed around all the side cockpit windows to help control the glycol leaks in the winter/spring time.

If I remember correctly, every third de-icing the checklist has the F/O remove and replace the napkins.

I think the glycol that leaks into the airplane might have gotten to you. You have to love the cocktail napkins stuffed around all the side cockpit windows to help control the glycol leaks in the winter/spring time.

If I remember correctly, every third de-icing the checklist has the F/O remove and replace the napkins.

I think he has a point with the glycol. -9 leaks like crazy.

Tired of the 9 comments

Who pi$$ed in your corn flakes this morning?

Why all of the hostility toward NWA? Sounds like you are intimately familiar with the DC-9. Have you gotten a ride on the jumpseat to work lately? If so, you should be grateful for the ride. If not, maybe you shouldn't be so critical of an old airplane that has served it's crew and airline well over the years.

I am sick and tired of pu$$y pilots whining about the DC9. If you want to fly your brand new Airbus or your brand new EMB, have at it. The DC9 has put a roof over my head and food on my table. Just tired of the sniveling little jerks that get on here and bash it over and over.

Given the chance I know you would fly the DC9 and make some money compared to the pittance you receive now. I don't even care if you make more money than me (Capt....or even at another major)

Your lack of respect toward NWA seems to be compensating for something you lack. I don't know what it is, but maybe your airline has a EAP you can look in to to get those issues resolved. Maybe its physical in which case, no one can help you with your shortcomings...

Have a nice day.

Who pi$$ed in your corn flakes this morning?

Why all of the hostility toward NWA? Sounds like you are intimately familiar with the DC-9. Have you gotten a ride on the jumpseat to work lately? If so, you should be grateful for the ride. If not, maybe you shouldn't be so critical of an old airplane that has served it's crew and airline well over the years.

I am sick and tired of pu$$y pilots whining about the DC9. If you want to fly your brand new Airbus or your brand new EMB, have at it. The DC9 has put a roof over my head and food on my table. Just tired of the sniveling little jerks that get on here and bash it over and over.

Given the chance I know you would fly the DC9 and make some money compared to the pittance you receive now. I don't even care if you make more money than me (Capt....or even at another major)

Your lack of respect toward NWA seems to be compensating for something you lack. I don't know what it is, but maybe your airline has a EAP you can look in to to get those issues resolved. Maybe its physical in which case, no one can help you with your shortcomings...

Have a nice day.

I'm going to guess you did not pay to much attention to the begining of this thread? Let's review, The original poster started with a thinly veiled slam on JetBlue. Not a big surprise coming from Delta North but expected.
Now you are going to get all indignant because one of the blue dudes fires back with a slam on your precious DC-9. Kind of "Pot meet Kettle" if you ask me.

I think it is good to measure a man by what aircraft he is currently flying. The problem, however, is what kind of value does a certain aircraft pin to that person's total quality? Should it be by size? Then a B747 pilot is, like way, way better than, say, a DC-9 pilot and exponentially better than some mildly retarded scum-bag Lear 23 pilot. Or, should it be by the quality of automation of one's aircraft? That would mean that the movie stars that get to fly the new 787 can walk around signing autographs, while that -9 guy must hang his head in shame...OR it could be the inverse of that where the folks that fly the highly automated airplanes should hang their heads in shame and the -9 guys/LR23 guys can walk around, head held high with their chests in "auto-puff"? Has ALPA given any guidance about whom can act cooler than whom based on aircraft flown? Does the "quality" build up in that person like points and you never lose them, or do you lose them when you go from one airplane to another? If so, how can I tell how to treat someone when I see them in the terminal? How can I tell what aircraft that person has flown in his career?

How about comparing airline to airline to judge the quality of a pilot? Then the freight haulers in DC-8's should have less quality and skill than the B777 pax driver? What about if your airline used to be the place to work, but now it is not, like UAL or TWA, or Pan Am? Did that whole group of pilots used to be quality people but now they are not?
I once had a boeing pilot ask me about the airbus? "Meh, it's OK" says I. "It is pretty comfortable I guess" says I. He then goes into a story about how much easier it is to change out (insert some part like HYD pump, or Fuel pump, or some other part I don't remember) on his boeing than my airbus. He would be long airborn whilst we would still be stuck at the gate. I thought that was a great bragging right. I just wish I could remember what part it was that was hypothetically changed.

Could someone chime in here to give guidance on how we can discern who is of better qualtiy than whom?

Latest resources

Back