• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great radio exchange

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dont forget to subtract 2% from the 86.00 for the magazine subscription.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

...or add the $39.50 additional per hour over 78 hours for a total of $118.50 per hour. The reading and comprehension in Minnesota must have a lower bar.

Next time a NW jump asks for a ride I will tell them that we couldn' posible give him a ride because we don't pay dues.

BTW the 4th year E190 FO makes the same rate as a 4th year DC-9 FO.

so your gloating you fly the same amount of seats for the "comparable pay".....after your new payscales came out.

It's airline's like yours that are the reason that only after a 30% paycut, those guys now make the same as you.

...or add the $39.50 additional per hour over 78 hours for a total of $118.50 per hour. The reading and comprehension in Minnesota must have a lower bar.

If you add that, you need to add the additional $43 per hour over 80 on the DC9 for a total of $129 per hour....keep looking, you just might find some better aspect of jetBlue over Delta/Northwest, but overall, I think not.

P.S. Make sure you read and comprehend the fine print.

Last edited:
Next time a NW jump asks for a ride I will tell them that we couldn' posible give him a ride because we don't pay dues.

BTW the 4th year E190 FO makes the same rate as a 4th year DC-9 FO.

Also, don't forget that after the contractual pay bump here at Delta every year, starting in Jan you guys have to go all the way to 7th year pay on the EMB 190 to match the dc-9 pay scale. Actually now that I look at it, your Airbus guys make the same as our Dc-9 guys starting in Jan.

I'm not a huge union promoter, I don't advocate using the jumpseat as a political tool, & I don't normally get into stupid pissing contests with other pilot groups. It does drive me up the wall though when people like you talk out of their A$$ trying to "stir the pot".

I have no ill will towards JetBlue, in fact I have some friends that work their, so don't take this as a slam on JB. Good Luck to us all!!!

I guess reading and comprehension wasn't required at Jet Blew! Don't let facts confuse you!;)

*yr 4 DC9 (NWA/Delta) = $86.00/hr

*yr 4 E190 (JB) = $79.00/hr

At least you're qualified to clean the cabin and wear those cool blue shirts that make you look like a TSA stooge!

*from APC

When will YOU MORONS GET IT?
Hourly wage numbers in airline pay structure are all smoke and mirrors to make you feel good.
What is the w2 at the end of the year, vs the time away from home?
That is the equation you need to be comparing.
how much dues, how many days in a row gone? how much do you pay for insurance? bla bla bla.

DIAMONDDD said, "Do ya hear that, APA? Part of the problem! :laugh:"

Ah yeah Diamondd...that's what I meant...APA, SWAPA, Teamsters...whatever...

If you're not ALPA your are part of the problem. As pilots we have international multi-carrier, multi-governmental issues to deal with...having multiple unions weakens us. ALPA is not perfect don't get me wrong but it is what we make of it...

Astroglider

DIAMONDDD said, "Do ya hear that, APA? Part of the problem! :laugh:"

Ah yeah Diamondd...that's what I meant...APA, SWAPA, Teamsters...whatever...

If you're not ALPA your are part of the problem. As pilots we have international multi-carrier, multi-governmental issues to deal with...having multiple unions weakens us. ALPA is not perfect don't get me wrong but it is what we make of it...

Astroglider

Well, there ya go. APA, SWAPA, Teamsters, you're all (or in this case, your) part of the problem, you scum-bags.

Not sure what your problem is Diamonndd. Hmmm? I've got relatives with APA and SWAPA, friends with Teamsters...they are not scumbags. That's not what I'm saying at all. Just saying we need to stick together...a great way to start would be to be represented by the same union.

I mean look... when APA got into trouble in 2004...they were looking for someone to do an economic assessment of AMR fast...who did they turn to? IT WAS ALPA. SWAPA is running into problems right now...

So tell me when the ******************** hits the fan at APA and they come running to ALPA...why not just belong to ALPA in the first place?

In this current economic climate we have international issues to deal with...issues that will take an international union to bring enough pressure to bear to bring the kind of result we as a profession would desire.

Can APA do that? Can SWAPA? Can USAPA? Teamsters? Nope they are too caught up in there own little kingdoms to turn their gaze outward. Like I've said before...ALPA is not perfect but it is what we make of it. As we've proven time and time again...a house divided can not stand.

Latest resources

Back