• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great news for PDT poolies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man talk about a pissing match..."I see your Schwartz is bigger than mine"...Lear I understand your frustration over the MDA group not being offered a flow back that was previously under agreement before the contract was signed. But like Surf said, if you guys were to actually flow back here where would you go. The last class they had was in October, and they haven't had an upgrade class since last spring. There are F.O.s on reserve that haven't flown in almost a month. I understand that you guys thought you should have been able to flow back, but you can't expect PDT to put our own ACTIVE pilots on the street because of your flowbacks. Now I do agree with you that something should have been done A LOT sooner regarding this entire issue because now we are left with what you and Surf have...a pissing war. We can thank the PSA, PDT, US Air, and MDA Mec's for this...good day...

No pissing war!! Read the posts! I was just on the defensive by someone that came on barking his a$$ off! I have nothing against Lear, and usually I agree with his post..... This time I didn't!!

where to start..............

Wsurf, I love you too, like a brother - just right now a red headed stepbrother.

GT2, It’s called J4J (jets 4 Jobs). Yes we stay at Rep until recalled to mainline or we choose to leave or something like that. As long as the 170's are operated under the U flag at Rep they must be J4J. You might ask how does a CEL guy become a J4J guy? Well my friend that was never ment to happen but this past summer when Rep bought our planes and MDA guys started getting furloughed the PDT guys didn't let us flow back (as long as there were classes) like we were supposed to. So the mainline MEC got together and said fine, you want to play that way then the "flow" is gone and the CEL guys at MDA are now full fledged mainline and are on the APL (stapled as per the original agreement) and are eligible for J4J. Once the Rep arbitration was final (12/18/2005) and the furloughs started I became eligible to bid J4J and any of the participating carriers that had slots. So I bid Rep.

On a side note – how screwed up (in weird terms) is this industry when I’ve been at 4 airlines (ALG, PDT, MDA/U and Rep) and only interviewed once, been furloughed but never spent a day on the street and am classified as a “mainline” pilot but have never flown at the official mainline.

Others, You guys are like a girlfriend that doesn't listen. Look back at my posts, not only this thread but in many from the past. I NEVER said I wanted to come back and displace anyone to the street or have anyone downgraded.

The way I saw/see it is as long as there were new hire classes (this past summer/fall) then the amount that they were hiring from the street should have been offered to return.
If at the time there were upgrades going on and the returning MDA guy could hold it then so be it, otherwise he/she is an FO with their original DOH until an upgrade class happens. ARE WE CLEAR? Nobody gets dumped to the street.

In my case I would have come back in the next available class as an FO with an 8/99 DOH. If say in May or something there is an upgrade class then I could bid it and if my seniority could hold it so be it, if not I'm and FO. What’s so wrong with that? All it does it at the worst is maybe bump some FO in base down a slot and keep some guy who would have been a new hire from the street from getting that class I returned in.

In other words I'm like a new hire with my original DOH. Then when (if ever) the time comes to go to mainline we flow back in CEL DOH, meaning guys that are senior to me that never went to MDA could bid before me like the original agreement.

Are we in agreement here, do you see where I'm comming from?

LearLove said:
GT2, It’s called J4J (jets 4 Jobs). Yes we stay at Rep until recalled to mainline or we choose to leave or something like that. As long as the 170's are operated under the U flag at Rep they must be J4J.
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that about the 170's, I thought Rep was a separate entity and therefore you would be off the mainline list. Been at PDT for a year and still trying to figure out the whole MDA/J4J thing (they didn't cover that in ground school!).

LearLove said:
Then when (if ever) the time comes to go to mainline we flow back in CEL DOH, meaning guys that are senior to me that never went to MDA could bid before me like the original agreement.

Are we in agreement here, do you see where I'm comming from?

That would be a hard sell, considerig 100 CEL pilots have taken the 50% cuts in pay, made the initial move in 04 to go to the AAA EMB Division, got furloughed or J4J, and then have to sit and wait while senior PDT/PSA non-AAA/CEL move ahead of their AAA 04 seniority...all for guys who wouldn't make the jump in 04.

Sure you'd want to do that?

T8

trainer8 said:
That would be a hard sell, considerig 100 CEL pilots have taken the 50% cuts in pay, made the initial move in 04 to go to the AAA EMB Division, got furloughed or J4J, and then have to sit and wait while senior PDT/PSA non-AAA/CEL move ahead of their AAA 04 seniority...all for guys who wouldn't make the jump in 04.

T8

It's gonna be a weird situation! I turned down MDA as a FO there, but I had one of three options to select. 1. MDA (First Call or FO) 2. Captain (MDA only) 3. Mainline. We all had that option and many selected Captain only! Now, should junior people that left be senior to the ones that chose Captain MDA only?
Don't get me wrong, I know its a fuk'ed up!!! But there are a bunch of Variables in this mess!!

trainer8 said:

T8

Yes your right, I ment that as if they (PDT) had done the right thing this past summer. Not now, like I said, too little, too late. Whats done is done. Now we (trainer8 and me) get recalled and whatever happens to PDT/PSA, we'll........

Sorry Charely

WSurf said:
It's gonna be a weird situation! I turned down MDA as a FO there, but I had one of three options to select. 1. MDA (First Call or FO) 2. Captain (MDA only) 3. Mainline. We all had that option and many selected Captain only! Now, should junior people that left be senior to the ones that chose Captain MDA only?
Don't get me wrong, I know its a fuk'ed up!!! But there are a bunch of Variables in this mess!!

All CEL had three choices. Why did you turn down that FO position? Was it the low pay?-- the lousy Medical Benefits? Lear went. If he was junior to you at PDT as a CEL pilot, should he be senior to you at AAA? :bomb:

T8

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back